PDA

View Full Version : So I just changed out my fuel filter...

Tyler G
05-22-2004, 05:03 PM
and on my 92 535i, it made a great improvement! It decreased my idle vibrations, it seems like my idle RPM is lower, and it got rid of some hesitation I had been seeing with full throttle at mid-high RPMs. Also changed oil today, with Castrol 20W-50, from the 10W30 that I had been running. I hope to get someone to do a valve adjustment for me tomorrow (my dad and I managed to do it ourselves on my E30, but I'm afraid to screw it up on this car...)

Uncle Paully
05-22-2004, 11:38 PM
i just did mine for the first time the other day, and it wasn't that tuff. if you have done it before, i would say go for it. i know what you mean about wanting to carefull and not screw it up, but sometimes, the most carefull hands are the owners and not the paid wrench that stayed out late last night and has to get your engine back on the road in 1 hour or else the boss is going to have a cow. you know what i mean?
good luck

Tyler G
05-23-2004, 04:12 AM
Well, one reason I haven't done it yet is that I don't have a new valve cover gasket (just graduated friday, haven't had any weekdays to go get one at the BMW dealership, which is nearly an hour away). I may end up just picking up a new gasket for it on monday and adjusting them here.. we'll see