PDA

View Full Version : OT: Rascist bumper sticker??? ...feedback pls

Jeff C
05-22-2004, 01:46 PM
OK so I left the post office today and saw a black chevy 1/2 ton with a bumper sticker that said "My heroes all killed cowboys" I took that to mean that the guy was a native american/indian and his heroes were 'native'.

So I have two questions - is the bumper sticker rascist or 'hate filled'/discriminatory.

Secondly if that same bumper sticker said 'my heroes all killed indians/natives' would the reaction be any different and would it be any less or more right.

don't wanna start a flame war or offend anyone - just lookin for thoughts

jeff

PS - 'I am CANADIAN' ;) for those who know the molson commercials
and secondly the chevy was in Michigan

Unregistered
05-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Of course it's racist. How honky of you to point that out!

rickm
05-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Unless his heroes resisted those who might invade to invade outsiders. I would have asked him if he was NA or not, that usually shuts people up. I saw a p/u truck here with a AIM (american indian movement) bumper sticker on it, the person driving it was all decked out in fake "indian" goods. Sorry, but a friggin feather in your hair and a dreamcatcher under your rearview mirror don't make you NA. :)

George M
05-22-2004, 02:22 PM
a rhetorical question...there is no right or wrong when it comes to killing people...including the war in Iraq...two sides with opposing views. In my humble view Native Americans got screwed...people who lived in harmony with the earth and was their land first and the Europeans with a completely different lifestyle took it.
George

scott540
05-22-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm with George, they got screwed but what would happen if I put a bumper stick on the 540 that said " My heroes all killed indians" There would be no glass left in the car and people would say I deserved it (which I agree, I would). But nobody gives this guy a hard time when his heroes killed my people? That's messed up.

And Jeff, I have the "IAM.CANDADIAN" Molson t-shirt. Got it free in Toronto from the Winchester bar a couple years ago. I am not Canadian.