PDA

View Full Version : won't start, help

Tiger
03-12-2008, 05:57 AM
Crank Position Sensor. Double check battery voltage. Ignition switch.

playero
03-12-2008, 06:22 AM
Hi there, looking for some help. Got a 95 525i auto. The thing was running great, pull over to a parking lot, came a couple of hours later and it won't start. Has a new battery and all lights and accesories work on the car. When turning the key on to start nothing happens, not even a "click". Put the car on a lift, place the ignition on the run position and tried to start the car jumping the starter, engine will spin but does not run. It has a brand new fuel pump so this is out of the question. What should I be looking at now???

Ross
03-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Ignition switch or a fusible link? The Links are easy to check, they are under the seat near the battery. Try jumping them to check

Tiger
03-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Fusible link is strong possibility here. It would be the first thing I check.

glen-sj
03-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Also check the fuses while you've the rear seat off checking the fusible link. Take care to look closely at the 7.5 amp fuses located in the rear fuse box.

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Ews

pingu
03-12-2008, 08:05 PM
I think some cars have two fusible links - one obvious, the other hidden in-line (but near the battery) in the wiring.

ryan roopnarine
03-12-2008, 08:24 PM
neutral safety switch. if the car allows, try starting (with e-brake on) in neutral.

E34 Lover
03-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Hi there, looking for some help. Got a 95 525i auto. The thing was running great, pull over to a parking lot, came a couple of hours later and it won't start. Has a new battery and all lights and accesories work on the car. When turning the key on to start nothing happens, not even a "click". Put the car on a lift, place the ignition on the run position and tried to start the car jumping the starter, engine will spin but does not run. It has a brand new fuel pump so this is out of the question. What should I be looking at now???
hi there, similar thing happend to me. turned car round then it just wouldnt start, fired from time to time but nothin, change the fuel pump fuse even though it may look good, mine looked new but it was not working, replace all main fuses for new ones and good luck. wont be anythin that cant be fixed.mike.