PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question from ECT Replacement

Mitch90535im
03-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Not a pic of my car, but just one I googled for an example. Could someone tell me what this little item that I have circled in red is, what purpose it serves, and more importantly, where the tube coming out the top of it, the one that on my car was so brittle it crumbled when I accidently bumped it when repplacing the ECT, goes.

Thanks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/mb90535im/DSC_7996.jpg

ryan roopnarine
03-10-2008, 08:01 PM
that is your fuel pressure regulator, and the hose should go to somewhere on the intake manifold. i suggest you use realoem to follow it back down, as i have an m50, and only know where the hose on that goes.

myles
03-10-2008, 11:20 PM
It goes to the underside of the intake manifold directly below the throttle body.
Most easily found if you get under the car and use a light.

Mitch90535im
03-11-2008, 06:51 AM
I can't seem to find it on Real OEM. Any clues?

genphreak
03-11-2008, 07:44 AM
I can't seem to find it on Real OEM. Any clues?Reach under the throttle body, on an M30 engine there are two vertical pipes sticking out (hanging down). One takes the pipe that feeds manifold pressure to your Fuel Pressure Regulator, the other goes to the vent pipe on the valve cover.

Replace both- and check all your other hoses for cracks and brittleness when you move them. Any leak causes a large loss of performance and economy.

:) nick