PDA

View Full Version : Tweety lodged in my engine?

SnakeyesTx
03-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Ok, so last year I really did find a blue jay lodged in the alternator cool-air tube but this time something is singing in there...

Last night at a friends house, I left the motor running in the driveway to get the heater going. As soon as I opened the door, I hear what sounds like a bird chirping away (honestly it was just a squeaking noise, flucutating tone, very consistant and repetative). The funny thing is, even with the throttle play, the noise was consistant (no faster pulsing to the sound with higher idle).

I wanted to suspect a tensioner pulley because for a little while now if I'm really accelerating hard, I can hear the belt squeak between gears (on an auto slushbox no less!). If my suspicions are correct, is it possible to just change the pulley/bearing itself without having to replace the hydraulic tensioner?

repenttokyo
03-08-2008, 09:32 AM
couldvery well be the blower motor, mine makes the same sound.

NovceGuru
03-08-2008, 11:51 AM
My car also developed this noise a year or so ago. Everybody swears its a bird chirping. Its worse in the winter and I don't even notice in the summer. I've come to believe its the tensioner, I just haven't investigated enough yet. Keep us updated!

632 Regal
03-09-2008, 04:05 AM
belt slippage, very common. new bely might be in order?

NovceGuru
03-09-2008, 04:38 PM
was replaced about 10k ago, and looks to be in pretty decent shape. Maybe i'll hose it down with some belt dressing.