PDA

View Full Version : What is molybdenum disulfide grease?

Tiger
03-06-2008, 09:54 AM
You can't go wrong with Lubro Moly product... they do have moly grease tube... Maybe Zygmunt has them in stock for you.

Macv
03-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Moly-Graphite lube is exactly Molybdenum. I don't know about your exact ratio specs but we use 20-25% on most of our plastic bearings.

Jon K
03-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Is it just "moly" lube? But I have read that "moly" has different ratios of "moly" anywhere from 3% to 65% and such. This is really minor - its for the nylon cup bearing on the ball of the shift handle, I just want to do it right and not have to worry about replacing it any time soon.

Thanks all

Macv
03-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Awesome guys thanks - we have this **** at the garage called.... Langezeit or Langzeit and it has the word Moly on it - its grey I believe... should work?

Might be the same stuff I use. Langzeit just means long-lasting.

Anything along the lines of Langzeit moly, or like said above, anything that mentions moly will work. It's all the same molybdenum graphite

winfred
03-06-2008, 01:07 PM
molybdenum disulfide grease = owl ****

my favorite is molygraph but just about anything with moly in the title should do, it's a high pressure grease that you are lubing plastic with, exceeding the raiting of the grease is unlikely :D

Jon K
03-06-2008, 01:18 PM
molybdenum disulfide grease = owl ****

my favorite is molygraph but just about anything with moly in the title should do, it's a high pressure grease that you are lubing plastic with, exceeding the raiting of the grease is unlikely :D

Awesome guys thanks - we have this **** at the garage called.... Langezeit or Langzeit and it has the word Moly on it - its grey I believe... should work?