PDA

View Full Version : Red light camreas

///Sniper535
03-05-2008, 12:26 PM
does anyone know if they get you if you make a right turn at a red light???

Ross
03-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Watch your mailbox to see.

///Sniper535
03-05-2008, 12:36 PM
well I think it's stupid if it does but i would like to know before i get crap in the mail. ha

Adnan
03-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi,

Here in the SF Bay Area, they most certainly do. I don't know what the timing is like and how long it monitors but if you don't stop and then go, it will get you. As I said, once a certain amount of time has elapsed, it won't but who wants to risk that?

Regards,
Adnan

repenttokyo
03-05-2008, 02:50 PM
I have a plate cover that makes taking a full photo of my plate completely impossible unless you are looking at it straight on. Quite useful.

bad_manners_god
03-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I have a plate cover that makes taking a full photo of my plate completely impossible unless you are looking at it straight on. Quite useful.

Is it those Louver Plates I read about, they're very slightly angled so any photos taken from a point higher than the lisence plate are blurred.

I know here they can't give us tickets in Laval for Right on Red, but in montreal they still haven't passed that law.

repenttokyo
03-05-2008, 09:11 PM
right turns on red are legal everywhere in north america except on the island of montreal and in new york city, or where specifically prohibited by signage.

driver's ed courses must be skimping on the details these days!

///Sniper535
03-05-2008, 09:48 PM
any one know if that law applies in Columbia MD USA?

attack eagle
03-05-2008, 10:54 PM
what law? right on red? you bet it does, unless specifically prohibited by local ordinance and posted.

Vanguard
03-06-2008, 01:24 AM
The cameras will get you if you don't stop before turning though.

nirvana19
03-06-2008, 07:14 PM
In maryland its fine. I'm not sure about the camera but I don't think theres a problem, I've done that many times and never gotten a ticket (I'm in Bethesda, MD/DC). And we have a LOT of cameras on all the big roads heading into the district. Right turn on red is legal in DC/MD/VA (unless theres a sign that says it isn't obviously); used to be illegal in DC but it was legalized some time ago.

pcross
03-06-2008, 07:45 PM
In El Paso, Texas, you are OK if you come to a complete stop. A rolling stop (I know, oxymoron) will get you a ticket. Sales of louvered license plate covers are at an all time high here!

///Sniper535
03-06-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I stopped because there were cars coming by, but there is a sign. The sign is stupid and I remember making that right all the time and never getting a ticket... I'm not sure but my girlfriend told me she saw the camera flash.

bad_manners_god
03-06-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty sure I stopped because there were cars coming by, but there is a sign. The sign is stupid and I remember making that right all the time and never getting a ticket... I'm not sure but my girlfriend told me she saw the camera flash.

Maybe someone ran the light and your gf saw that. I hope you don't get a ticket. I know that shitty feeling when you get one, even worse is the days waiting for the ticket to come in the mail knowing that its coming.

Milkboot
03-07-2008, 01:15 AM
They are going to start getting people who do not make a full and complete stop before turning right here in Houston soon, they may have already started