PDA

View Full Version : Sold the 535i today

Robert K
03-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Well, after 9-1/2 years of ownership, I sold my 1991 535i today. A pretty decent guy bought it for his 17 year old son who still happens to be a sophomore. I just can't imagine driving a vehicle like that when I was in high school. My car was in excellent condition with M-Technic springs, Racing Dynamics sway bars, 17" style 5 wheels and a very nice aftermarket sound system. I ended up getting $3,650 for it and got to keep my sheepskin seatcovers and EAT engine chip (which is for sale by the way). I have to admit that it hurt a bit to realize I was driving it for the last time. But, it needed a few new parts and I had just decided that I was not going to put any more money in a 17 year old car with 160,000 miles on it. So...of she went.

I'll still check in no the board occasionally. I also intend to email the guy and give him this forum and www.bmwe34.net as resources. He assured me that they take great care of their cars and that they'll probably even put mine in their garage. At least she went to a good home.

Robert K
no BMW presently

Robin-535im
03-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Guess it has to happen to the best of us. Sorry to see your car go Robert but I'm sure you'll be around from time to time. Who knows - you may go through such severe withdrawal that you have to come back into the fold!

Hope the new owner appreciates what a fine machine he now owns. Maybe he'll even join the board, where we can teach him where the battery is and what the center wheel on the dash board does - even how to tilt open the sunroof.

Peace and Grace!

Qube
03-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Hmmm good to know the pricing for it. Thanks!

Matt P
03-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the pricing info. My '90 535i will go up for sale next week, once a couple last items on it are fixed at the local dealer.

89_525i_PhoenixAZ
03-22-2008, 11:37 PM
"center wheel on dashboard"? What are you referring to?

e34.535i.sport
03-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Hey i'm sad to hear you got rid of the 5, but happy to hear your selling your EAT chip as i'm seriously considering getting one but haven't got the full cash price to throw into it... Is yours for a manual - and what chip is it you have I beleive there are two variants? How much you looking for?! I'm in the UK by the way! Thanks.