PDA

View Full Version : 1991 535i EAT chip for sale

Robert K
03-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Well, tomorrow is the day I say goodbye to my 1991 535i after 9-1/2 years of ownership. I still love to look at it, but I just don't drive it much anymore. I'm also no longer willing to put money in repairs into it, so I decided to let someone else enjoy it. And I'm pretty certain the 17 year old young man that's getting it is going to be all smiles when he drives away with it tomorrow morning.

Anyway, my EAT chip is not being sold with the car, so I figured there might be someone here who would want it. I'm asking $150 for it ($229 on Mark's website) and I'll even throw in USPS Priority Mail delivery to a lower 48 state address. If you live anywhere else, we'd have to discuss whether I'd want to ship there. This chip is for a 1991 535i with automatic transmission. I believe it raises the stock rev limit from 6,200 to 6,800. I checked Mark's website to find the specific horsepower and torque figures but he didn't list them (kinda hard to sell upgrade chips if you don't list those figures if you ask me). If memory serves me correctly, I believe the chip raises horsepower into the 220-230 range. Low end torque is better too. The engine pulls very evenly up to redline with the EAT chip whereas the stock chip falls a bit flat in the midrange. The information shown on the chip is listed below.

DME 0.261.200.179
Ultrachips 179.0R

First come, first served.

Also, I'll expect either a cashiers check or Paypal for payment, although I can't accept credit card payments via Paypal.

Robert K
1997 V-6 Camry