PDA

View Full Version : So I did something stupid and have a problem

pundit
03-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Houston, we have a problem! ;)

Milkboot
03-02-2008, 09:13 PM
So I got my registration done, and since its the new month already I figured I should change the sticker out. Well like a dumbass I scracthed off the inspection sticker... *drop head on desk and slams* So now I have to go get it done before work tomorrow.

My problem now is, for some reason after I did the seat twist fix, my SRS light comes on, and my seat belt adjuster "thing" is broken... I think.

The little metal cable does not retract or come out that easy anymore. I am trying to find the part number or the offical name of this "thing" but having a hard time.

Since I have to go get the car inspected now I do not know what is going to happen. The light does go off after a few min maybe 2-3? I guess it is worth a try. But I would like to get this thing replaced as soon as possible.

Anyone know the offical name of this part so i can repalce it ASAP?

Winfred I am looking at you ;)

Milkboot
03-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Ha...and thats where I live, we have pricks for inspectors in this town too!

winfred
03-03-2008, 12:20 AM
the seat belt adjuster thing is probably off track i hardly ever reattach them, i like the belt lower anyway it's got nothing to do with the srs light, without a reset tool you can try unhooking the battery to see if it'll clear that way as it's a soft code from unhooking the seatbelt latch with the key on, if that doesn't clear it you need to get it reset or maybe drive up to the inspection station when it's empty and leave it running, maybe they won't notice :D

Milkboot
03-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Yeah, Leaving the car running and cleaning out the car was an idea the girlfriend had too :P

I will try that right now before I have to go to work and get my paycheck so I can go get this inspection done *grumble*

Thanks Winfred!