PDA

View Full Version : Reset Inspection using Peak and now car won't start

Tiger
03-02-2008, 06:18 PM
RUN.... RUN.... RUN!!!!! You set your car to auto destruct!

Check your battery voltage first. Then try jump starting the car.

quan325i
03-02-2008, 06:40 PM
It clicked and light are all functional but the stereo keeps asking for code. I gave it the code and it accepted it but the engine won't start. OBC is normal and does not prompt for code. Please help me help my pop. Thansk.

QN

bubba966
03-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Resetting the inspection light with the Peake tool won't get the radio to ask for the code. That takes loss of power from disconnecting the battery, or a dead battery.

As you didn't say that you disconnected the battery (and that wouldn't cause a starting problem) it sounds like the battery needs replacing. Replace the battery and the car will probably start up just fine.

quan325i
03-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Resetting the inspection light with the Peake tool won't get the radio to ask for the code. That takes loss of power from disconnecting the battery, or a dead battery.

As you didn't say that you disconnected the battery (and that wouldn't cause a starting problem) it sounds like the battery needs replacing. Replace the battery and the car will probably start up just fine.

You are the MAN! I brought the battery to Autozone to test and it came up bad. It's a Duralast. I got a replacement from the warranty and the car started rightup. Thanks again.

bubba966
03-05-2008, 05:29 PM
You are the MAN! I brought the battery to Autozone to test and it came up bad. It's a Duralast. I got a replacement from the warranty and the car started rightup. Thanks again.

You're most welcome. Glad that was the problem and that the fix was easy.

How old was the Duralast? My M-Sport is going to need a new battery soon as it's currently 7 years old and i was thinking of going with a Duralast.

quan325i
03-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Duralast suck. The bad one on my dad's car was just less than 1 year old.

bubba966
03-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Duralast suck. The bad one on my dad's car was just less than 1 year old.

Guess I'll just pony up the $ for an Interstate then. Thanks.