PDA

View Full Version : brake bleeding problems..........

duckloads
03-02-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm having trouble bleeding the brakes on my 90 535i. I get no fluid out of the left front caliper bleed screw. I have traced it down to no fluid coming out of the ABS for the left front caliper. Nothing. Fluid comes out just fine for the other 3 corners. Fluid enters the ABS on both ports just fine.

This is being done with a person pressing on the brake pedal and engine off or on.

I replaced the pads and rotors.

Any ideas????????

philbyil
03-02-2008, 04:11 PM
I would take it out for a drive and activate the ABS a couple of times, then try bleeding it.

I'm having trouble bleeding the brakes on my 90 535i. I get no fluid out of the left front caliper bleed screw. I have traced it down to no fluid coming out of the ABS for the left front caliper. Nothing. Fluid comes out just fine for the other 3 corners. Fluid enters the ABS on both ports just fine.

This is being done with a person pressing on the brake pedal and engine off or on.

I replaced the pads and rotors.

Any ideas????????

duckloads
03-02-2008, 05:27 PM
That was weird.

with the engine running, I pressed on the brake pedal 10-15 times in rapid succession. That seemed to "break things loose". the left front bled well and all is fine.