PDA

View Full Version : Easy question about abs light

simonslw
03-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Hi, was just wondering when the abs light is supposed to go out, as it comes on then goes out after a few seconds when the ignition is on (engine not started). but it says in the manual its should go out when the engine is turned on. could someone confirm when it should go out?

Cheers

LunatiC
03-02-2008, 06:23 AM
Mine stays on for a sec or two after I have started my car. Other cars that I have been in that are equipped with ABS behave the same way. I believe it behaves as a simple status light on ignition to demonstrate that the system is having its power-on test, and the only reason for concern about ABS is when the light stays lit after starting or while driving.

winfred
03-02-2008, 11:32 AM
ditto

Mine stays on for a sec or two after I have started my car. Other cars that I have been in that are equipped with ABS behave the same way. I believe it behaves as a simple status light on ignition to demonstrate that the system is having its power-on test, and the only reason for concern about ABS is when the light stays lit after starting or while driving.

simonslw
03-02-2008, 02:56 PM
ditto
Also if i turn the ignition off and turn it back on straight away, it does not light up, only if i turn the ignition off and wait a few seconds then turn the ignition on again does it light up.