PDA

View Full Version : where can i find the wire to connect to the servotronic unit????

tim s
02-29-2008, 09:57 PM
i have a servotronic steering box that i got to replace my wornout box, but the old box was not servotronic. i cannot find the wire or where it should be or come from the harness. could someone please provide me with pics or info on where it should be?
thanks
tim s.

doogie
03-01-2008, 01:20 AM
I'm pretty sure it's the same as the E32 - in the US driver's side kick panel (where the speaker is) - IIRC it has two bright yellow round plugs, and is obviously a big plastic lump, so should be easy enough to find :)

Kalevera
03-01-2008, 03:48 PM
The box's harness connector, which plugs into the solenoid on the underside of it, is usually tied back on the left fender well. Keep in mind that on many cars (particularly E34 525s), the wiring harness is not optioned for servotronic. I would not be surprised if that's the case on some 540s as well.

You also need the servotronic control module, which is matched to whatever model the box came from. It plugs in where doogie mentioned.

You don't need to plug in the servotronic. The box will work fine without it, it just becomes engine speed sensitive assist (as all non-servotronic boxes are)