PDA

View Full Version : Low Beams Wont Work???? HELP

andyhundley
02-29-2008, 06:18 PM
i have a 1990 525i m20 and i have had problems for the past month or so with my headlights. the low beams will work when i start my car but when i drive for a few miles they will just turn off so i am forced to drive with my brights on. some times if i flip back and forth between the high and low beams i can get them to come on for a short while but they eventually go back off. i have checked all the fuses. i was going to replace the headlight switch for the hell of it but i am preety sure its a short somewhere but i was curious what you guys have to say. thanks

Tiger
02-29-2008, 07:01 PM
He got relay problem alright... in the LKM... if reflowing the solder doesn't work, he need new LKM.

bad_manners_god
02-29-2008, 07:04 PM
i have a 1990 525i m20 and i have had problems for the past month or so with my headlights. the low beams will work when i start my car but when i drive for a few miles they will just turn off so i am forced to drive with my brights on. some times if i flip back and forth between the high and low beams i can get them to come on for a short while but they eventually go back off. i have checked all the fuses. i was going to replace the headlight switch for the hell of it but i am preety sure its a short somewhere but i was curious what you guys have to say. thanks

Check your LKM, it's the cause for most E34 Light phenomenons. Usually the relays need to be re-soldered....very common problem.

andyhundley
02-29-2008, 09:55 PM
can someone post more on this lkm issue i am a n00b and my bentley manual is at work (good place for it haha)

mamilapon
03-01-2008, 12:24 AM
can someone post more on this lkm issue i am a n00b and my bentley manual is at work (good place for it haha)
Do a search on LKM, youll find all you need to know!! At top right hand it says "search this forum" Type LKM !!!

shogun
03-01-2008, 04:02 AM
http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37252&highlight=lkm