PDA

View Full Version : Car will not start...

Alexlind123
02-29-2008, 12:20 PM
The engine cranks but wont start. The fuel pressure check out fine, and the plugs are slightly wet with gas. I installed new plug wires and checked the cap and rotor. While i was installing the new plug wires, i noticed that the CPS was really dirty and very loose (the bolt holding it in was about 1/3 of the way out). After cleaning and tightening, the car still wont start. The resistance between pins 1 and 2 on the CPS connector is 505ohms, which is within spec. Could the CPS be bad even with a good resistance reading? I find it hard to believe that the CPS is not the problem, given its condition.

Is there anything else i should check? Is it worth throwing $108 to a new CPS on just a hunch?

Alexlind123
03-01-2008, 02:27 PM
I found the problem. It was the crank position sensor. The adjustable bracket that the CPS mounts to was loose as well, allowing the CPS to come in contact with the toothed wheel, damaging it. Good luck to others with the same problem! =)

Tiger
03-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Uh huh... like I was trying to convince you CPS is the problem... yet you don't believe it.