PDA

View Full Version : Radiator and Hoses

Tiger
02-29-2008, 08:15 AM
You are gonna need alot more than just the radiator and hoses. Good chance your head gasket/valve head is warped... you need to check this out before spending money.

It can be the famous waterpump problem that failed on you too.

wiggy1406
02-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Help

I have a 1989 525i Auto and need a new Radiator and hoses...girlfriend ignored tghe coolant low and overheating warnings aand now it is sat by the side of the road in a pool of it's own fluids.

Anyone know parts suppliers (cheap!!) in North London?

Cheers

Mike

Ferret
02-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Help

I have a 1989 525i Auto and need a new Radiator and hoses...girlfriend ignored tghe coolant low and overheating warnings aand now it is sat by the side of the road in a pool of it's own fluids.

Cheers

Mike

You may well be buggered mate, if it's got to the point where it's blown something you may well have toasted the head and gasket >: (

If it's an M20 12v you maaaay be lucky though... gonna be a hard one this as you cant test it without spending money first.

Try www.eurocarparts.com and www.gsfcarparts.com they've got branches all over the country.

wiggy1406
02-29-2008, 08:50 AM
You are gonna need alot more than just the radiator and hoses. Good chance your head gasket/valve head is warped... you need to check this out before spending money.

It can be the famous waterpump problem that failed on you too.

Head Gasket is OK (no foam), what i did discover was that the rad was filled with radweld or some other crap which i think was dislodged by the overheating .....waterpump you say....oh well!

wiggy1406
02-29-2008, 09:03 AM
You may well be buggered mate, if it's got to the point where it's blown something you may well have toasted the head and gasket >: (

If it's an M20 12v you maaaay be lucky though... gonna be a hard one this as you cant test it without spending money first.

Try www.eurocarparts.com and www.gsfcarparts.com they've got branches all over the country.

At least it is the 12v M20...

whiskychaser
02-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Help

Cheers

Mike
Try these:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Aaron-Radiator-Co-Ltd
They are in London and price/service is pretty good. Dont email though-ring them. Hope its just the rad thats had it and you can get it home

wiggy1406
03-03-2008, 05:12 AM
Changed the Water Pump Hose (blown to bits), Thermostat.....still loosing too much fluid, but at least it keeps its temp....Next...Radiator!!