PDA

View Full Version : Center Console Removal

Rory535i
02-28-2008, 05:13 PM
I've had a search but can't seem to find anything. I'm looking for info on how to remove the center console. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks

EngPhys09
02-28-2008, 05:40 PM
I've had a search but can't seem to find anything. I'm looking for info on how to remove the center console. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks

Bentley Manual has it in, there

Basically start at the back portion and slowly remove each screw, i did mine the first time i bought my car. Just be careful and take ur time

bad_manners_god
02-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Bentley Manual has it in, there

Basically start at the back portion and slowly remove each screw, i did mine the first time i bought my car. Just be careful and take ur time

2 screws at the piece into the back seat under the rear vents. 1 screw where the tray meets the light switchs, 1 screw under the handbrake boot if im not mistaken.

That piece comes off, then the is a screw at the bottom of the piece thats left, 2 screws under the shifter panel. Another Screw on the inside of the glovebox I believe. And there should be 1 more screw on the driver side of the center console, then the console comes off, give it gentle pulls, if its holding, then stop and feel for more screws.

All the screws should be phillips though.

Rory535i
02-29-2008, 02:48 AM
thanks guys

e34.535i.sport
02-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Lift the handbrake up high - allows the console to slide on/off easier! The console is in two parts... They're linked together with some screws under the rear air vents - pop them out with a screwdriver!