PDA

View Full Version : anyway so i need to disable the double locks

wyze
02-28-2008, 11:51 AM
so as the title says is there anyway to disable the double lock feature on a 1990 bmw 525ia i'm tired of having to leave my car unlocked so i can get back in

i've already removed the lock actuator on the driver side and the panel is already removed but it still double locks any ideas

thanks!

Alexlind123
02-28-2008, 03:17 PM
The car will only double lock if you turn the key as far as it will go in the "lock" direction. Twist the key slightly and it will lock normally. Even if you do double lock it and something is wrong with the locking system, there is a way to override it manually. Turn the key all the way in the unlock direction and pull the door handle up, with the door handle pulled up, turn the key an additional 1/4 turn to unlock the door. Somehow i think something is missing in the description of your problem tho...

wyze
02-28-2008, 05:42 PM
umm, i tried to turn only a quater turn but door still won't reopen
i even removed the lock actuator and still double locks
i tried the unlock procedure and well to no avail, driverside and passenger side no luck

is there anyway i can use one of the rear door locks as a front?

bad_manners_god
02-28-2008, 07:07 PM
umm, i tried to turn only a quater turn but door still won't reopen
i even removed the lock actuator and still double locks
i tried the unlock procedure and well to no avail, driverside and passenger side no luck

is there anyway i can use one of the rear door locks as a front?

Well, don't mention that at school, otherwise your interior might go missing. :p

nirvana19
02-28-2008, 07:13 PM
I"m a little unclear as to whether you're referring to the double locking system or something else. How have you been getting back into the car after it locks? If you remove a lock actuator theres no way the door can double lock, double locking is effectively the actuator holding the lock in the lock position so it can't be manually opened until the actuator gets a signal to release or loses power. Maybe something getting stuck?

doogie
02-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure if you central lock from the trunk then it shouldn't engage the double locking.

wyze
03-02-2008, 01:11 AM
alright sorry bout this, i have no central electronics so no windows, no electric locks, obc lights up but all the functions are ----
in any case for some reason my locks are a little buggy but yeah after fiddling around a little bit i figured out how to get the driver side to lock and unlock without a problem

thanks for the help guys!