PDA

View Full Version : E34 1995 530i engine check

simonslw
02-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi, ive recently been trying to do the engine check test where you press the accelerator 5 times, and the check engine light should flash. but i tried it and nothing happend, so i took out the clocks and there was no bulb installed, so i put one in, and tried it again, but still nothing. As far as ive heard its only the early e34's that do not have this function, and as mine is a 1995 model, i am confused as to why this is not working. are there some later models that didnt have this?

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Cheers.

bubba966
02-27-2008, 03:19 PM
My M-Sport has this (9/95 build), and my friends 525iT has it (6/94 build) as well.

What country is the car from? Have heard that some Euro models didn't have the stomp test.

whiskychaser
02-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi, ive recently been trying to do the engine check test where you press the accelerator 5 times, and the check engine light should flash. but i tried it and nothing happend, so i took out the clocks and there was no bulb installed, so i put one in, and tried it again, but still nothing. As far as ive heard its only the early e34's that do not have this function, and as mine is a 1995 model, i am confused as to why this is not working. are there some later models that didnt have this?

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Cheers.
If its a US model it should work. If its EU it wont

glen-sj
02-27-2008, 08:16 PM
My 1995 530 has the stomp feature for the check engine test. US model.
Turn the key to the on position (engine not running) and immediately press the accelerator 5 times within 5 seconds, releasing the pedal on the 5th time. The check engine light should start to blink.

simonslw
02-28-2008, 04:42 AM
Hi, it is a euro model, so it is normal for it to not work on mine then?

whiskychaser
02-28-2008, 05:01 AM
Hi, it is a euro model, so it is normal for it to not work on mine then?
I wouldnt expect it to work if its a euro spec model.