PDA

View Full Version : Fuel delivery help! '95 525 m50tu

redknuckles
05-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Ok, wed night, the car stalled and i luckily coasted it into the drive, It cranks fine, i checked fuel pressure at the rail with an inline gauge, and sure enough, fuel pressure = 0

put my ear to the fuel pump, and no hum.

I checked the fuse, fine, i jumpered the relay, still no hum.

i pulled the fuel pump coverplate, disconnected the connector, connected an extra car battery to pins 4 and 5 on the connector to the pump, still no hum. so i took that to mean the pump was def bad.

I also checked the voltage at pins 4 and 5 from the car, no voltage, jumpered the relay again and i got nothing, went away, and measured again and i got 12v??? i figured maybe i just took a bad measurement the first time. but def the relay was bad. I thought it was wierd the the pump AND relay both failed, but i figured maybe one died and took out the other.

So i went to the dealer, bought a pump, bought a relay. replaced them both and the car fired right up!

today, i went out to go to work, no dice, the car cranks, but doesn't fire up. I pulled the fuel pump cover and no buzzing. tonight i'll check the voltage to the pump and try and work back from there, jumpering the relay etc.

WHAT GIVES? anyone have a similar experience? did i get a crappy relay right off the bat? is there something else that controls whether the pump is on or something?

Thanks,
Rich
95 525 in NJ

(i forgot to mention that when the car stalled i had to push it up the drive and i grabbed the closest thing i could to put under the tire- a glass bottle from the trash. ran around, put on the brake, came back around, pulled lightly on the bottle and it exploded in my hand. 15 stitches in my palm. stupid stupid move on my part, but it just makes me even more adamant about fixing this car)