PDA

View Full Version : help please

julian1966
02-24-2008, 11:03 AM
can any one show me by diagram or similar how to remove the front turn signal lens on a 94 530i the ones next to headlamps i cant make no sense of it cant seem to find any screws thanks[its doing my head in]

M20Turbo
02-24-2008, 11:09 AM
can any one show me by diagram or similar how to remove the front turn signal lens on a 94 530i the ones next to headlamps i cant make no sense of it cant seem to find any screws thanks[its doing my head in]

Try this thread for starters http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37176

Go to oem web page http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...& hg=63&fg=10

525SEI BRIT
02-24-2008, 11:21 AM

I don’t have a diagram to hand, but the screws are quit simple to locate. Grab a torch pop the bonnet remove the headlight plastic covers (might be easier to remove the air box first to gain access) shine the torch in to the corner behind the indicator and you will see 2 Philips screw heads on the back side of the indicator housing, and 1 to the wing side on a tab/arm screwed to the inner wing. Undo them and pop the indicator housing out forwards. (if the indicators have never been removed chances are the screws will be totally rusted and the heads will probably sheer off. No biggy just forces out the plastic clips and replace.)

Hope this helps.

julian1966
02-24-2008, 11:25 AM
I don’t have a diagram to hand, but the screws are quit simple to locate. Grab a torch pop the bonnet remove the headlight plastic covers (might be easier to remove the air box first to gain access) shine the torch in to the corner behind the indicator and you will see 2 Philips screw heads on the back side of the indicator housing, and 1 to the wing side on a tab/arm screwed to the inner wing. Undo them and pop the indicator housing out forwards. (if the indicators have never been removed chances are the screws will be totally rusted and the heads will probably sheer off. No biggy just forces out the plastic clips and replace.)

Hope this helps.
thanks i,ll have a look

mikell
02-24-2008, 11:56 AM
If you have a Bently Manual, look on page 630-3. If you do not have a Bently Manual, think about getting one - you'll find it very useful.

shogun
02-24-2008, 11:19 PM
And: chances are higher that people click your post when you specify the problem in the subject line already.

"help please" does not help that much. >90% of all people which start a thread need help.

uscharalph
02-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Still trying to replace those turn signals?