PDA

View Full Version : Just had a call on my '91 535i for sale...

Robert K
02-22-2008, 06:29 PM
It just hurts...I've got the car listed at $4,000. It has M-Technik springs, Racing Dynamics sway bars, 17" style 5's, a nice sound system and very shiny paint. The first caller offered $3,000 in cash and said I could keep the wheels. Judging by the caller, I have a feeling the wheels he wants to put on it are probably 22" chrome wheels. I told him that the wheels would have to have the right bolt pattern, hub diameter and offset and he didn't have a clue! Oh the pain!!! Although I really want to sell the car, I don't want it to turn into a piece of crap within the first month with the new owner.

Somebody who loves BMW's buy my car...please!!!

For details and pics, go to: http://www.att.net/p/PWP-robertsbmw

Robert K
1991 535i (for sale)

mamilapon
02-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Dont sell it to him!!! the bastard!!

Robert K
02-23-2008, 04:01 AM
Why is it that everyone who makes a lowball offer on something says they have "caaaassshhh", like it's going to make me go weak in the knees or something? I've always been amazed by this tactic. Do they really think I'm going to sell something that expensive to a total stranger and accept anything other than cash or a cash equivalent? But it's like the magic word "cash" is going to make me forget what the car is worth and accept their offer just because they're going to pay in dollar bills. They only thing I'm thinking when they make those offers is that they aren't offering enough caaasssh and that they need to increase their offer. It amuses me and pisses me off at the same time.

Errrr.....

Robert K
1991 535i

Robert K
02-23-2008, 07:03 AM
I'm located in Western Kentucky about an hour north and a little west of Nashville, Tennessee.

Robert K

RobPatt
02-23-2008, 07:50 AM
...where did you buy your seatcovers and how do you like them?

Car looks great though....if a 5speed I'd consider, but I'm really in love with my black over dove gray 525 w/style 5s and Sachs.... just need the 5speed and i'm good.

Cheers.

Ross
02-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Robert,
That was a good offer.
My FULLY sorted '95 touring with no damage or faults, near perfect cosmetics and way less miles than yours brought $5k. Perhaps I left a little money on the table but not a lot.

ScottyWM
02-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Robert,
I should probably know... but where are you located?

Robert K
02-23-2008, 11:37 AM
I bought the seat covers from BavAuto right after I bought the car. They had them listed pretty high, but said that they'd match prices on comparable products. I found some that were of the same quality, but I don't think they were custom for the E34. BavAuto made good and sold a set of their fitted covers for the same price. They have been wonderful. I've always felt that although leather looks good and smells great, it makes a terrible seat covering. Hot and sweaty in the summer and just plain cold in the winter. The sheepskins allow your body to breathe in the summer and are almost instantly warm in the winter. I don't think I'd own a leather interior car without them.

BTW...I'm meeting a guy in 30 minutes to look at the car. Hopefully, he'll be someone who appreciates it and will take care of it. We'll see...

Robert K
1991 535i

Chris'91'525i
02-23-2008, 07:35 PM
The first caller offered $3,000 in cash and said I could keep the wheels.

Robert K
1991 535i (for sale)

Anyone who makes an offer (especially low ballers !!) without actually seeing , touching and driving the car is an idiot:( , IMO.
I don't deal with these people, unless they get smart quick.......