PDA

View Full Version : how to reattach glove box

DaveVoorhis
02-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Position the clips over the pivot bar, then push down on the lever until it clicks into place. Takes a bit of force...

ruggles
02-21-2008, 04:42 PM
I bought my car with the glovebox all apart. There are two funny clips that slide on to the face of the glove box and are supposed to fasten on the pivot bar so it opens on an axis... ANY ****ING IDEA HOW THESE THINGS GO ON LOL? I am having a little trouble, not good with finicky things..

thanks in advance :)

ruggles
02-21-2008, 05:15 PM
should the clips be on the glove box first and then slide it on to the pivot bar or should I clip them on the bar first and then try to slide the glovebox on?

thanks

Morgenster
02-21-2008, 05:53 PM
should the clips be on the glove box first and then slide it on to the pivot bar or should I clip them on the bar first and then try to slide the glovebox on?

thanks

The not so fun aspect of these clips is that they only fasten on both the bar and the box at the same time. It's impossible to position them tightly on one or the other and then move on to the next step because 'clicking' them tightens both ends of the clip.
Easiest in my experience is to slide them onto the glovebox first, then put them on the bar, then closing the glovebox gently so that it's in the right place and then click them shut.

attack eagle
02-21-2008, 06:20 PM
yep... what morgan said.
never heard of any one having trouble with them before.

JerseySi
02-21-2008, 07:38 PM
they can be annoying if you've not done them before, but basically what Morgenster said is right - glovebox first, then clip them onto the rail (might need a good shove to click on) and flick catch :)

good luck!