PDA

View Full Version : 520i auto n reg

DaveVoorhis
02-21-2008, 06:57 AM
I assume you've checked for all the usual suspects, i.e., clogged fuel filter, intake air leaks, bad spark plugs and/or coils, low compression, clogged injectors, wonky transmission, VANOS problems, dirty air filter, etc.?

Also, a 520i is going to be naturally slower than an equivalent 525i -- the extra displacement does make a difference.

willboy10
02-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi just got 520i auto 24v 1995 for my bro its very slow all through the range. my dads 525i auto 24v k reg 1993 goes like the wind. i do know my way round cars maybe its the air mass meter as we had this with a 7 series. might try my dads air mass if its the same number on it. like to here what you guys think.

best regards paul

willboy10
02-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi dave thanks for the reply no iv not looked at any thing yet. as we only got the on sunday i will look at all those things. but when you say vanos probiems what do you mean. it does have a bit of a rattle when first starting at the front of the engine . which i think is a bit of wear on the vanos. i know what you mean about the 525 being faster but the 520 is just so slow i think some thing must be wrong some where

regards paul

genphreak
02-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Look for obv signs of some pov hondaengeneeerz messin' wid da vanos and consider getting a top cover gasket kit before u start pulling her down. If you need to fix the vanos, look into what you have to do, I don't think it's easy but at least (since u you are in the UK) you can button it up every time it rains or gets too damned cold to work on.

Might be worth buying a 2.5 M50, electrics, computer+gbox from a wrecked 525 dep on what you can find and do... g.luck

whiskychaser
02-23-2008, 05:45 AM
Look for obv signs of some pov hondaengeneeerz messin' wid da vanos and consider getting a top cover gasket kit before u start pulling her down. If you need to fix the vanos, look into what you have to do, I don't think it's easy but at least (since u you are in the UK) you can button it up every time it rains or gets too damned cold to work on.

Might be worth buying a 2.5 M50, electrics, computer+gbox from a wrecked 525 dep on what you can find and do... g.luck
Wow! You come from Bolton?