PDA

View Full Version : Driveline Issues

indierthanthou
02-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Hokay, here's the deal. It used to be that if my car sat and idled for a semi-long time, ~10 minutes, when I would drive off it would feel like the engine was stumbling or the clutch was chattering, under load the car would feel like something was dragging it back, intermittently. It would eventually go away, after 10-20 minutes. Now it does it all the time, and doesn't go away.

The car needs a new starter as well, the solenoid isn't always pulling the bendix far enough to engage the gear into the flywheel.

HELP!

indierthanthou
02-21-2008, 03:37 AM
nobody?

dennyg
02-21-2008, 06:56 AM
Hokay, here's the deal. It used to be that if my car sat and idled for a semi-long time, ~10 minutes, when I would drive off it would feel like the engine was stumbling or the clutch was chattering, under load the car would feel like something was dragging it back, intermittently. It would eventually go away, after 10-20 minutes. Now it does it all the time, and doesn't go away.

The car needs a new starter as well, the solenoid isn't always pulling the bendix far enough to engage the gear into the flywheel.

HELP!
Got the starter if you want it. Have you checked the flex disc?

indierthanthou
02-21-2008, 10:45 AM
I haven't. I am probably going to have to get that starter from you, but it looks like I won't be able to afford the535i/M anytime soon, my hours at work haven't been increased at all and I can't find anything else at the moment.

I will keep in contact with you about the starter, I just bought a new computer and then this crap starts happening bad, it might be hard to spend aother 55 bucks.