PDA

View Full Version : :: Wheel Poll. Your opinion is probably important...

Dave M
02-17-2008, 11:19 AM
M Pars. M5 just a bit too busy.

Neat how the e39 somewhat dwarfs even a 19" rim.

Qube
02-17-2008, 02:22 PM
DISCLAIMER: This poll is only about what looks best... please refrain from comments about ride quality and what rubber is going on them. Thanks much.

So... 19" staggered M-Pars or M5 style (both in satin finish)?

M5 style:
- HELL to clean... and I clean wheels every other day in summer (overall wipe)
- sophisticated style... I already like the 17"s I have on for winter
- looks aggressive in staggered stance

M-Pars:
- distinct lip
- clean look
- a little oversimplistic for e39
--- only 5 spoke that looks great on it in my opinion is the SSR GT3

NOTE: I have the M5 front and rear bumper and single tip Magnaflow exhaust... so not quite like the 'old' picture there.

Both have lip...
http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/wheels/bmw-m5-st.JPGhttp://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/wheels/59271_painted.JPG

Ross
02-17-2008, 02:34 PM
M-par "Less is more"

bubba966
02-17-2008, 05:51 PM
M-Pars all the way. Nothing looks better on E38's or E39's.

winfred
02-17-2008, 05:56 PM
m par, m5s are overdone and don't look that hot to start with, make sure whatever brand copys you get aren't crap as some of them are either too soft and bend or are too hard and crack, i have a almost perfect looking m par copy at the shop that probably has a dozen cracks around the rim that i am going to cut the face off and polish up for a wall hanger :D

Qube
02-17-2008, 06:24 PM
m par, m5s are overdone and don't look that hot to start with, make sure whatever brand copys you get aren't crap as some of them are either too soft and bend or are too hard and crack, i have a almost perfect looking m par copy at the shop that probably has a dozen cracks around the rim that i am going to cut the face off and polish up for a wall hanger :D

M5s are overdone?! I'd think it'd be the M-Pars that are overdone... :)

winfred
02-17-2008, 06:33 PM
on e39s, everybody and their brother has m5s on e39s, m pars never really caught wide spread use

M5s are overdone?! I'd think it'd be the M-Pars that are overdone... :)

Nick.Hay
02-17-2008, 06:49 PM
M5 rim... only just tho!!

The M-pars are such a nice wheel, but in the photos above, the M5 wheels look a little bit better.

19's ?? Why not go for 20s... Only an inch bigger, and possibly easier for tyres.

Qube
02-17-2008, 06:50 PM
M5 rim... only just tho!!

The M-pars are such a nice wheel, but in the photos above, the M5 wheels look a little bit better.

19's ?? Why not go for 20s... Only an inch bigger, and possibly easier for tyres.

20? Erm... I'm crazy, but not that crazy :)

Nick.Hay
02-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Ha ha ha...

Was just a thought ;)

filip00
02-17-2008, 07:56 PM
M pars for sure. m5's would look a bit....obvious.

MTechnik540i
02-17-2008, 08:29 PM
I've got (2) Genuine, Forged 18x8" E39 M-Parallels that are both straight and in very condition that I really just need to get of the garage. If I were you, I'd much rather stay OE, if nothing else to for the simple fact that they're Forged. On top of this, there's the obvious advantage in prices of rubber!

DISCLAIMER: This poll is only about what looks best... please refrain from comments about ride quality and what rubber is going on them. Thanks much.

So... 19" staggered M-Pars or M5 style (both in satin finish)?

NOTE: I have the M5 front and rear bumper and single tip Magnaflow exhaust... so not quite like the 'old' picture there.

Both have lip...
http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/wheels/bmw-m5-st.JPGhttp://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/wheels/59271_painted.JPG

Paul in NZ
02-17-2008, 10:55 PM
there can be only one...
M5 style but in the same dark finish as the original.....

mamilapon
02-19-2008, 01:50 AM
By the way Ive got M5 copies with GERMANY cast at the back of each rim!!!:p

gmannino
02-19-2008, 03:01 AM
Run Mpar's on the drivers side and m5's on the passenger side.

jk lol.

You know you want the M5's.

Qube
02-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Run Mpar's on the drivers side and m5's on the passenger side.

That's BRILLIANT!