PDA

View Full Version : OT - American Classic Car & Rod Show

pundit
02-17-2008, 05:53 AM
I went to the annual local American Classic Car & Rod Show today.

It is held on a sports ground in the small town of Gembrook (Australia) which is only ten minutes from my home so I cruised up in the E34.

They let me into the carpark and no one slashed my tyres! :D

Anyway here's some pics I took.

American Classic Car & Rod Show (http://clients.net2000.com.au/~rowmat/slideshows/index.html)

It's a flash slide show so you'll need the Adobe Flash plugin if you haven't got it.

BTW - Check out the second picture.
It's a Delorean, the car used in the 'Back to the Future' movies.
The body is stainless steel and this particular Delorean has only 2,500 miles on the clock!!

genphreak
02-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Heh, that's cos the DeLorean's clock gave up at that point...

Very nice pics btw... Tx!

repenttokyo
02-17-2008, 08:46 AM
great pictures, thank you for posting them.

Ross
02-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Nice shots, thanks. Don't blame that Delorean on us, made in Ireland with various Euro cast-offs.
I had a T-Bird like the white one, albeit without the "dubs"

CharlesAFerg
02-17-2008, 06:15 PM
I've seen a delorean when I worked at a local mall out here, and since I'm a detailer, it was that much more unappealing - brushed stainless steel? If you get a scratch, you're screwed! No way to polish it!

Itsnotme1988
02-17-2008, 07:23 PM
There's actually a Delorean that runs around here (Norfolk, VA) and I've seen it on multiple occasions. A very cool Lt in the US Navy owns it.

repenttokyo
02-17-2008, 08:43 PM
I've seen a delorean when I worked at a local mall out here, and since I'm a detailer, it was that much more unappealing - brushed stainless steel? If you get a scratch, you're screwed! No way to polish it!

you can grind it ;)

RockJock
02-18-2008, 12:16 AM
haha, indeed ....the wire brush is your friend!

you can grind it ;)

pundit
02-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Nice shots, thanks. Don't blame that Delorean on us, made in Ireland with various Euro cast-offs.
I had a T-Bird like the white one, albeit without the "dubs"
Didn't realise the Delorean was Irish!
Apparently it was originally going to be fitted with a Citroen Rotary engine but that idea was dumped due to to poor MPG and it was fitted with a Peugot-Renault V6 instead.

The Bigfella
02-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Yeah - and DeLorean went to gaol for coke dealing trying to raise $$$ when it started to go belly up. I saw one in Sydney years back.

Nice photos. I liked the Mainline ute - Dad had one.