PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Having a ball messing with internet scammers

Ross
02-15-2008, 08:10 PM
My for sale ads here and elsewhere have been generating their share of lame attepts to rob me.
One guy says the reason he's sending a check for $23,000 for a set of used tires and wheels is because he is distraught after his father has been in a "fatal accident" and is now in a coma...... I want this guy's doctor!
And today while browsing I could have bought a '00 M3 for $4600 from a soldier galantly serving our country who will ship the car to me at his expense as he has need of quik cash.
The stilted English usually gives them away right off, but participating is great entertainment, I recommend it.

pundit
02-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Go here if you want to see the notorius 419 scammers played like a bunch of fools...

http://www.419eater.com/

What I can't understand is that thousands of gullible morons still fall for for these Nigerian type money scams every year.

I mean do you really believe someone you don't even know really wants to deposit $25,000,000.00 into your bank account?!!!.. plenty do!!

These scammers rake in hundreds of millions of dollars globally and have been doing this for more than 30 years.

When I was a kid we got a Nigerian scam letter in the mail (letterbox) and that was in the early 1970's. Then it was via fax and now email.

Omega
02-16-2008, 05:56 AM
There is good money to be made from the greed of gulliable people.

We get loads of reports on the News about this where someone has been fleeced of their life savings and we are supposed to feel sorry for them.

F*ck them, they deserve it. Greed makes people stupid.

Ross
02-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks, favorited!