PDA

View Full Version : Well, after 6 years of ownership, I sold my 5 speed 525i.

DanDombrowski
02-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Well, I posted a long time ago about how I transitioned up and bought an E46 330Ci and was going to sell the E34, but I never got around to seriously doing it until about September of last year. After quite a few "internet joyriders" that loved the idea of a 5 speed E34, but did not love the idea of paying for things in cash, I finally found a buyer.

I put a lot of money into fixing the few things that were wrong with it, but didn't really get the money out of the sale. Someone out there got a great deal, but I'm really happy to move on - taking care of 2 cars and paying the insurance on them was getting old. Also, my E46 is very happy to have its garage back.

I think I will look back on this car as truly one of the best I've owned.

Here's the last pic I took of it to post it for sale. I always wanted to take a photo of my E46 and my E34 backed into the garage after I had re-done the floor and setup my workshop, but I never got around to it.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m286/ddombrowski/IMG_4484.jpg

On that note, I have an E34 Bentley manual for sale! How much should I ask for it? I also have a few extra parts, I will have to dig them out of the garage and see whats available.

Thanks all! I'll still come by from time to time to post whore and contribute little.

bad_manners_god
02-11-2008, 09:05 PM
On that note, I have an E34 Bentley manual for sale! How much should I ask for it? I also have a few extra parts, I will have to dig them out of the garage and see whats available.

Thanks all! I'll still come by from time to time to post whore and contribute little.

I've seen them new on ebay for around $50 plus S&H.

Post a list of parts, I'm missing a couple of doo-dads for my e34.

Paul in NZ
02-12-2008, 01:04 AM
gee you even mowed the lawn!I hope the E46 gives you as much enjoyment!

Ross
02-12-2008, 06:24 AM
Good luck with the new car, traitor.
Dan, would mind posting the details of the sale for us please? I've been in some discussions lately regarding what prices our cars bring these days and actual sales are the only real barometer.
Our touring got a new home Saturday as well('95 525it, fully sorted,126k,$5Gs)so I am suffering slightly from sellers remorse.
At least come around for Winfred's jokes.

DanDombrowski
02-13-2008, 12:54 PM
The car had 172k miles with a bunch of new recent parts including an alternator, transmission, RTABs, 3.73LSD, rear shocks, and brakes. Also, a huge chunk of money I had in the car was in the Style 32 wheels and brand new BFGoodrich TA KDW tires, which I bought to attend HPDEs, but decided I should take the 330 and sell the 525i.

I got some initial offers of people that liked the car and wanted to buy it, but couldn't come up with the $5k cash I was asking. When I finally had a serious buyer, I took $3500 for it.

ryan roopnarine
02-13-2008, 06:35 PM
thank you for your assistance with my alternator when you were still down here.

Ross
02-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks Dan.

DanDombrowski
02-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Hey no prob. Glad you got it sorted out. You still in Horlando?

DanDombrowski
02-14-2008, 09:12 AM
I have a valve cover gasket for an M50. I thought I had more, but most of them I promised to ship to the buyer (forgot to put them in the trunk). Oh, I also have a resistor for the front Aux fan I never put in. I also have a gallon of Zerex G05 thats kind of hard to find now, and I'm just going to keep running the BMW Blue in the 330Ci.

ryan roopnarine
02-14-2008, 01:25 PM
i am still in teh swamp!1! i've grown weary of the people that live around here and am going to see if FSU will take me for the rest of my "career". i drive around listening to christmas music a great deal of the time so that i don't go insane.