PDA

View Full Version : jamex kit on self leveling e34 touring

mitsi_matt
02-09-2008, 05:55 PM
hi first post so let me just introduice myself first: my name is matt and i have just bought a 92 e34 touring in near mint condition having just sold my s13 200sx with 360ish bhp i thought it a necessary 1st modification to fit a wizard of nos nitrous kit running 150bhp jets, then 18" rondell alloys and now for my first question: have bought a jamex suspension kit shocks & springs(not suitable for cars with self leveling suspension) thinking mine was not equipped with this, to discover when i pulled a wheel off have got it, if i delete the self leveling will this kit fit? if not can i fit the front & just springs on back and lower the self leveling as described in threads ive found when doing a serch on this forum or do i have to leave standard back springs in place? sorry for such a large request for first thread but this is now my new home so hope will be as helpfull as sxoc was when i had the 200. please bare in mind when ansering that car is for drifting:D so the harder the back the better, i know it's a strange choice but i wanted to be different.:p

bad_manners_god
02-09-2008, 08:31 PM
hi first post so let me just introduice myself first: my name is matt and i have just bought a 92 e34 touring in near mint condition having just sold my s13 200sx with 360ish bhp i thought it a necessary 1st modification to fit a wizard of nos nitrous kit running 150bhp jets, then 18" rondell alloys and now for my first question: have bought a jamex suspension kit shocks & springs(not suitable for cars with self leveling suspension) thinking mine was not equipped with this, to discover when i pulled a wheel off have got it, if i delete the self leveling will this kit fit? if not can i fit the front & just springs on back and lower the self leveling as described in threads ive found when doing a serch on this forum or do i have to leave standard back springs in place? sorry for such a large request for first thread but this is now my new home so hope will be as helpfull as sxoc was when i had the 200. please bare in mind when ansering that car is for drifting:D so the harder the back the better, i know it's a strange choice but i wanted to be different.:p

Hi there, I also have a 92 Touring. I also had the rear self leveling system deleted because of a faulty pump so i took out th whole system and replacd them with regular shocks and springs and no problem. Only problem you will get is that a "SUSPN LVLING" message on your cluster computer and will limit your speed after 110mph because the computer things that the rear suspension is too low and will restrict the cars output after 110mph(180km)

To bypass this, all you have to do is remove your rear seats and find the 21 pin connector next to the battery and connect pins 12 and 13 together with a wire to trick the computer into thinking the rear suspension is fine. To idtentify the pins:

the 3 wires in the center row of pins on one end are the sensor wires, pins 12, 13, and 14. Pin 12 (three from the end of the middle row) is a black wire with brown stripe and yellow dashes -- this is the sensor output. The next pin (13) is the ground, and the end wire in the middle row (14) is +12V power.

And here is a thread you should save:

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31803&highlight=Suspn

mitsi_matt
02-10-2008, 02:04 AM
cool, so the kit will bolt onto all standard mounting positions with no cutting of fandangeling?

bad_manners_god
02-10-2008, 02:13 AM
cool, so the kit will bolt onto all standard mounting positions with no cutting of fandangeling?

As long as it's meant for the E34 Sedan/Touring without the SLS(suspension leveling system), then it will fit.

mitsi_matt
02-10-2008, 02:20 AM
nice one, will have a go today. has anybody on here significantly upped the power of an m50 engined 5 without tubby or sc, as nitrous is just not giving me quite enough.

bad_manners_god
02-10-2008, 02:32 AM
nice one, will have a go today. has anybody on here significantly upped the power of an m50 engined 5 without tubby or sc, as nitrous is just not giving me quite enough.

I've been researching this myself and the only real thing worth doing is upgrading the engine to an S52 and OBD1 conversion.

Try loosing some of the wieght in the car, after you delete the SLS system (make sure that you loop the 2 hoses coming from the power steering reserve otherwise when you take out the components, your power steering fluid will leak everywhere)

There's about 50 pounds of wieght with all the components and extra fluid it takes, not to mention stress on the engine.