PDA

View Full Version : Missed out on the deal of the centery...damn.

BadAss95-530i
02-08-2008, 11:44 AM
a 95' 6-spead 540i for $1,500 ????!
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/car/564201771.html

I didnt discover this ad till 3 days after it posted (which i suspect was 2.5 days longer that it lasted)

Am i off base to think the person that did get it may be the happiest guy on earth? Cosmetic and upkeep repairs aside, this was as steal.

BadAss95-530i
02-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I suspect you didn't miss anything.
Ads like that are reasonably common if you frequent the free classifieds. Someones idea of a joke or looking to harvest e-mail addys.
I've responded to stuff like this moments after it posts with no reply.
If anyone was ignorant enough to be serious about that ad the responses flooding in would educate the seller quickly as to the car's real value. I doubt there are many 540 6 spd. owners who don't know what they have.

Not that it makes a diff at this point, but in defense of myself in the gullibility department, the ad didnt include any email contact info (zero chance of email scam). He listed a phone#, which i called, and he simply responded "oh yeah, thats gone". And I said "i figured" and hung up. What this means? No clue. just sayin nothing about it points to scam. Joke?? you never know...

Ross
02-08-2008, 03:16 PM
I suspect you didn't miss anything.
Ads like that are reasonably common if you frequent the free classifieds. Someones idea of a joke or looking to harvest e-mail addys.
I've responded to stuff like this moments after it posts with no reply.
If anyone was ignorant enough to be serious about that ad the responses flooding in would educate the seller quickly as to the car's real value. I doubt there are many 540 6 spd. owners who don't know what they have.

pgrindstaff
02-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Now that's what I call a two-tone intertior :D

///Sniper535
02-08-2008, 04:08 PM
I missed out last January to buy a gold 540i/6. The seller wanted 6,000 for it. A few weeks later I saw the price had dropped to 4,500 and then the car disappeared shortly there after. It had 116K. The only feature it didn't have were lumbar support on the sport seats.

Nick.Hay
02-09-2008, 12:06 AM
I wonder how much of a basket case the thing would have been tho...

Oh, and your sig is all wrong.

"Its time to kick ass, and chew bubblegum... But I'm all outta gum" is the correct quote ;)

attack eagle
02-09-2008, 12:40 AM
his is right, except it's gum.. not bubble gum.

BadAss95-530i
02-11-2008, 07:29 AM
I wonder how much of a basket case the thing would have been tho...

Oh, and your sig is all wrong.

"Its time to kick ass, and chew bubblegum... But I'm all outta gum" is the correct quote ;)

I believe your thinking of the newer/"Duke Nukem" adaptation of the quote.

I am quoting the original - Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' (a true classic of 80s cheesy horror/action flcks) Again my people, Give me some credit here!

rnrn
02-11-2008, 01:17 PM
I just made my wife watch it with me cuz it was one of the funniest movies of the decade (kind of). I can't believe John Carpenter actually has his name attached to it. Roddy should have his own page on mulletsgalore for that one.