PDA

View Full Version : OT - Get out and VOTE, Americans!

swenpro
02-05-2008, 09:43 AM
-

Macv
02-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Why bother, I don;t think any of the runners are worthy this decade. Nobody's going to do anything different/right.

repenttokyo
02-05-2008, 03:09 PM
you could vote for me, it always makes me feel a bit better to know someone supports me.

repenttokyo
02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
4000 babies = too many babies.

CharlesAFerg
02-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Show everyone that E34 drivers have class. For those who live in the half of the U.S. that is voting today, remember to cast your ballot! (for Ron Paul :) )

Honestly, I'm surprised you said Ron Paul, because out here in Portland Oregon, the only vote-crusaders are the really extreme left wing people. I don't even think they should count as being democrats.

What really scares me are when those crusaders get you to register to vote on campus, the guys that run around who have dreadlocks. They throw away the registrations that have the "wrong" party affiliations marked on the paper. No joke. I knew a guy who bragged about it. You don't want to know what happened to him, & no I didn't report him...

ALWAYS register at your local voting office, never trust political party workers of any party either, even if they are from your own party.
People do some crazy stuff, including infiltrate those small support groups that may even seem like your own party, to do just such things.

artguy
02-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Billery!

http://www.captive1.com/mrk/billery_w.jpg

I didn't Pshop this one :D

Ross
02-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Chicagoans like to say vote early and vote often.

Dave M
02-05-2008, 04:36 PM
paranoia something something

I look on in great interest at your attempt to elect 'our' next president.

Dave M

Ross
02-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Who would you have me vote for then Dave? I have a few left.

swenpro
02-05-2008, 04:45 PM
-

repenttokyo
02-05-2008, 04:57 PM
If he was a democrat, then most of them would have been abortions.

i don't think you can deliver an abortion, dude.

repenttokyo
02-05-2008, 04:57 PM
What if the mother had been raped? The republicans would make you carry the rapist baby full term, then what?

then maybe one day, far into the future, that rapist baby could become president of the united states of america!

repenttokyo
02-05-2008, 04:58 PM
the post order on this board is still seriously ****ed up and incredibly tedious.

whiskychaser
02-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Show everyone that E34 drivers have class. For those who live in the half of the U.S. that is voting today, remember to cast your ballot! (for Ron Paul :) )
I'd never heard of Ron Paul so I looked him up. It seems his claim to fame is having delivered 4000 babies. For some reason the UK media is trying to make this very exciting. But I thought the presedential elections didnt start until November. Are we starting a little early?

Ross
02-05-2008, 05:36 PM
These are "primary" elections, a convoluted process to choose delegates who then attend a convention for their respective political party where they imbibe heavily and cast their votes, ostensibly for the candidate they had previously pledged to.

Ken35i
02-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Ron Paul got media coverage? Most of the world seems to like him. From what I've seen around the internet (YouTube etc) there seems to be a huge supporting of him in the US. He's doing well in the polls. But little media coverage compared to the others. Shame really.

whiskychaser
02-05-2008, 05:55 PM
These are "primary" elections, a convoluted process to choose delegates who then attend a convention for their respective political party where they imbibe heavily and cast their votes, ostensibly for the candidate they had previously pledged to.
A lot clearer and more succinct than our media. Thanks Ross

attack eagle
02-05-2008, 06:04 PM
I thnk i'll stay home today...

only new mex dems vote today

ron paul is the 1-2% candidate... he's doing worse than huckabee and is not a contender, ken.

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-05-2008, 06:15 PM
4000 babies = too many babies.

M20Turbo
02-05-2008, 06:22 PM
What if the mother had been raped? The republicans would make you carry the rapist baby full term, then what?

Ross
02-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Buckle up gentlemen, here we go.

attack eagle
02-05-2008, 06:37 PM
that's not true.

attack eagle
02-05-2008, 07:03 PM
so far.
mccain 96 delegates...
romney had 77
huck won 18 today so he's in the 30's
ron paul 6

we'll see how they do after tonight.

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-05-2008, 07:24 PM

1st she wouldn't have been raped if she was a NRA loving gun tot'n republican.

But since bad things do happen... here's the democratic solution:

Let the rapist out on parole, then sue the rapist for child support, and live on welfare:D

Bo525i
02-05-2008, 07:27 PM
1st she wouldn't have been raped if she was a NRA loving gun tot'n republican.

But since bad things do happen... here's the democratic solution:

Let the rapist out on parole, then sue the rapist for child support, and live on welfare:D

Lol, no wonder we euros think u americans r wierd :D God bless ´n good luck with the next president ;)

attack eagle
02-05-2008, 07:34 PM
"I am convinced Senator McCain is not a conservative, and in fact has gone out of his way to stick his thumb in the eyes of those who are," James Dobson, the founder of Focus on the Family, said Tuesday in a statement to a conservative talk show host who read it on the air. He said he would not vote for McCain "as a matter of conscience," and described McCain as someone with a "legendary temper" who "often uses foul and obscene language." Dobson said he would sit out the general election if McCain was the GOP nominee.

Dobson is a shyster and a moron. I know the guy personally. Rush is against McCain as well... so that's two points in his favor IMO.

Basically at this point, despite liking Huckabee for personal reasons, the choice IMO is a Mormon who can't win the general election because of his politics, religion, and dying his hair, or McCain who isn't beloved by a lot of far right conservatives... but is a more appealing choice for the indies and swing voters (that actually decide general elections) if opposed by Clinton.
Or voting for Ron Paul who is nothing more than an afterthought in every single poll run to date and who doesn't appeal to moderates of either party or indies.

In the end, it isn't about choosing who you like best... it is about choosing the person who you think has the best chance at winning the general election.

repenttokyo
02-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Only thing that concerns us is that whoever you ultimately choose affects the rest of the world so much - perhaps all of us on this planet should have a vote in US elections ! :D

if so, i would vote for Mike Gravel.

Zeuk in Oz
02-05-2008, 10:53 PM
I find it interesting that after all these years, abortion is the issue that everyone in the States gets their knickers in such a knot about.

Here in Oz, it never gets mentioned. No one cares if a candidate goes to church, is pro choice or pro life or pro anything else.

Only thing that concerns us is that whoever you ultimately choose affects the rest of the world so much - perhaps all of us on this planet should have a vote in US elections ! :D

attack eagle
02-05-2008, 11:29 PM
only If we get to run your countries by electing American politicos into your governments. :)

Alternatively, you can vote in US elections, as soon as you decide to join the collective. We will add your technological and biological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated. :)

CharlesAFerg
02-05-2008, 11:38 PM
the post order on this board is still seriously ****ed up and incredibly tedious.

Yea dude, it's pathetic.

I thnk i'll stay home today...

only new mex dems vote today

ron paul is the 1-2% candidate... he's doing worse than huckabee and is not a contender, ken.

Ignorance = ...not bliss.
You'll be surprised about Ron Paul.
Wait, Mexican Dems? Hmm... Don't phrase it that way, be more specific. I sure hope you're talking about something else.
If it's what I DONT thing you're talking about, I already know that foreigners without citizenship can get away with voting here. I've seen it done and it works, unfortunately.

I find it interesting that after all these years, abortion is the issue that everyone in the States gets their knickers in such a knot about.

Here in Oz, it never gets mentioned. No one cares if a candidate goes to church, is pro choice or pro life or pro anything else.

Not the impression I get, I don't hear much of it and I'm in Oregon. I don't even hear much of it, and I'm really active in the political scene out here. It's more the religious people making a big deal out of it.

pundit
02-05-2008, 11:48 PM
I find it interesting that after all these years, abortion is the issue that everyone in the States gets their knickers in such a knot about. Here in Oz, it never gets mentioned. No one cares if a candidate goes to church, is pro choice or pro life or pro anything else....
There are three fundamental issues in the U.S. that will garnish the majority of votes from the Christian far right.
Forget the economy, U.S. foreign policy, jobs or health etc..
An anti-abortion, anti-gay and anti-stem cell platform is all it takes.

...Only thing that concerns us is that whoever you ultimately choose affects the rest of the world so much - perhaps all of us on this planet should have a vote in US elections ! :D
All I want to know is which countries we're all going to invade next after the U.S. elections.
You would think that would be somewhere in the policy speeches... now wouldn't you?!!

Do you believe in God?
No.
BANG!! You're dead!!

Do you believe in God?
Yes.
Do you believe in MY God?
No.
BANG!! You're dead!!

VOTE 1 - George Carlin! :D

attack eagle
02-06-2008, 12:15 AM
new mex, not old mex.

"As results were tallied, McCain led with 345 delegates, to 129 for Romney and 115 for Huckabee. It takes 1,191 to win the nomination at this summer's convention in St. Paul, Minn."

if ron paul wins ALL the remaining primaries, I suppose he could possibly swing it... otherwise, he's tanked brother. wishes aside, online fervor has little to do with real world voting. he only had 7% support in the most recent polls

dennyg
02-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Anyone ever watch CNN and Lou Dobbs? He seems to make the most sense for real change. I have been an independent for twenty years. I just wish I would have a better candidate then Ross Perot to vote for. Now let me tell you this about that...............I actually liked Bill Clinton. When he was Pres. this country actually made some moves toward eliminating our national debt. But Hillary.........Aghhhhhhhhh She wants to control our lives. She knows the answer to all our problems. Sorry about the long rant but my take is to vote for a president that motivates and leads. Not one that has all the answers. Could that be Obama?

attack eagle
02-06-2008, 01:44 AM
All I want to know is which countries we're all going to invade next after the U.S. elections.
You would think that would be somewhere in the policy speeches...
:D

CANADA is #1 on my list. got to stop the red menace on our doorstep (plus they are our largest supplier of imported oil and comedians)
Mexico is #2 largest supplier of laborers. need to make 'the other united states' safe for democracy and stop the drug trafficking
Cuba is #3, I need more cigars.

then I suggest we invade france. they'll roll over for anyone with more than a pitchfork.

Barney Paull-Edwards
02-06-2008, 01:52 AM
Why bother invading the garlic eating surrender-monkeys? They are too busy watching Carla Bruni/Sarkosy`s antics. Anyway we`ve got all the chefs so whats left??! As for not voting, look at us for what happens if you get apathy. That and a row about a cup of tea and we lost another continent.

attack eagle
02-06-2008, 04:59 AM
So we can have a border with europe and dominate the EU. :)

And so I can get some decent Suits by taking the chunnel to England.
We own France anyway... spilled more than enough American blood there... twice.

repenttokyo
02-06-2008, 08:54 AM
America Needs A Leader Like This!

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'
'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if y ou wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'
'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'
'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'
'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,
'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'
'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

yeah the world needs more racist bigots in power. my country wasn't founded on christian fundamentals, it was founded on the equality of men and women who are free to practise their own beliefs.

by the way, the statement you are quoting is actually several statements made by members of the Australian government and stitched together out of context, you can find each and every source here:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/australia.asp

M20Turbo
02-06-2008, 10:03 AM

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'
'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if y ou wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'
'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'
'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'
'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,
'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'
'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

ryan roopnarine
02-06-2008, 10:09 AM
'sup fags.

dave, your next PM is going to be the guy with the nice ass, that Trudeau fellow's son. PREDICTION.

this database problem is really getting to be a problem, isn't it?

Ross
02-06-2008, 10:20 AM
That's all great but could never happen in the US. Why? Because the U.S.A. is scrutinized by the entire world and has far too many whiners at home in positions of influence.
The U.S. is held to a different standard by the rest of the world.
The whiners and crybabies would stamp their tiny little feet if the leader of the U.S. made such a statement and he'd be out in a heartbeat.
I wish we could have a pres with a set of balls.
If I move to Oz I promise to bring a container of cheap E34 stuff.

Dave M
02-06-2008, 10:46 AM
'sup fags.

dave, your next PM is going to be the guy with the nice ass, that Trudeau fellow's son. PREDICTION.

this database problem is really getting to be a problem, isn't it?

I can see that happening, but not the next time around. The Liberals are in a bit of a mess at the moment (lack of leadership) and Justin has thrown his support (celebrity influence) behind Gerrard Kennedy. He's also seen a a little immature for the job. Fortunately for him, time is on his side.

And yes, the post thing is truely a downer.

Later Ryan,

Dave

M20Turbo
02-06-2008, 10:52 AM
That's all great but could never happen in the US. Why? Because the U.S.A. is scrutinized by the entire world and has far too many whiners at home in positions of influence.
The U.S. is held to a different standard by the rest of the world.
The whiners and crybabies would stamp their tiny little feet if the leader of the U.S. made such a statement and he'd be out in a heartbeat.
I wish we could have a pres with a set of balls.
If I move to Oz I promise to bring a container of cheap E34 stuff.

Oz is looking like a great place to be..... Yes Ross I agree, the good old USA is a land of immigrants from almost every corner of the world. The USA has always had a welcome mat at the borders, however times are changing. When my wife & I voted yesterday, there was a buzz on how this is the first time we had a choice between two people (Female, African American) who have NEVER made this far in a primary. Whoever comes out on top, the republicans are going to have a really hard time winning the popular vote. A change is a coming........

Dave M
02-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Oz is looking like a great place to be..... Yes Ross I agree, the good old USA is a land of immigrants from almost every corner of the world. The USA has always had a welcome mat at the borders, however times are changing. When my wife & I voted yesterday, there was a buzz on how this is the first time we had a choice between two people (Female, African American) who have NEVER made this far in a primary. Whoever comes out on top, the republicans are going to have a really hard time winning the popular vote. A change is a coming........

Just out of interest, when you state "The USA has always had a welcome mat at the borders, however times are changing", do you foresee a change in immigration laws? Would you, or politically like-minded individuals, favour a change in immigration laws? As you've included them in the same paragraph, can i assume there is a correlation between (what I perceived as) a predicted/desired change in immigration and the candidates that have never made it this far.

Just wondering from the outside,

Dave

CharlesAFerg
02-06-2008, 12:16 PM
'sup fags.

Oh the internet, what filth we mingle with.

pundit
02-06-2008, 12:37 PM

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia... etc. etc.

Er who's John Howard??
Oh yeah he was that short bald guy who lost in a landside during the last federal election.
Oh and by the way all those quotes are 'stitched' together from several sources.
He was also the guy that took us to war in Iraq because he spent most of the last five years with his nose planted firmly in George Bush Jnr's stinkin' arsehole.
In case you haven't realised politicians are using the 'War on terrorism' to remove ordinary peoples rights.

"Mother should I trust the Goverment?"
"WHAT!! Are you ****in' serious??!!"

repenttokyo
02-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Er who's John Howard??
Oh yeah he was that short bald guy who lost in a landside during the last federal election.
Oh and by the way all those quotes are 'stitched' together from several sources.
He was also the guy that took us to war in Iraq because he spent most of the last five years with his nose planted firmly in George Bush Jnr's stinkin' arsehole.
In case you haven't realised politicians are using the 'War on terrorism' to remove ordinary peoples rights.

"Mother should I trust the Goverment?"
"WHAT!! Are you ****in' serious??!!"

hear hear

M20Turbo
02-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Just out of interest, when you state "The USA has always had a welcome mat at the borders, however times are changing", do you foresee a change in immigration laws? Would you, or politically like-minded individuals, favour a change in immigration laws? As you've included them in the same paragraph, can i assume there is a correlation between (what I perceived as) a predicted/desired change in immigration and the candidates that have never made it this far.

Just wondering from the outside,

Dave

Hey Dave...... What is wrong with the current immigration laws and the path to citizenship? The USA has been very negligent in enforcing the current immigration laws that are on the books today. That has to change. It's about respect for yourself and those around you. You cant go to a country, any country and break their rules and regulations and expect to be allowed to stay in that country. If someone was to go to your home and disrespect you and the rules of your house, I'm sure you would ask them to leave. So what do you do with so many (12 million +) people who have just said we are going to do what we want and screw your laws and path to becoming an US citizen? But they want the rights of a US citizen, well when we break the law we pay the fine and or time. There are allot of US citizens that are adding the problem of undocumented workers who should also be held accountable as well. Respect the rules of the land and your fellow man and we ALL will get along.....

whiskychaser
02-06-2008, 03:39 PM
This is my experiment to see exactly where this message - timed 2040hrs UK time - will end up. Its currently post no 48 and comes after M20 Turbo's post ending '' Respect the rules of the land and your fellow man and we ALL will get along....."
I'm finding this thread interesting but a hell of a job to follow who is answering what. Its a bit like trying to assemble a letter after someone put it through the shredder!!

filip00
02-06-2008, 03:42 PM
yes, go out and vote for barack obama ;)

Dave M
02-06-2008, 03:47 PM
The US has a foreign policy ? - I thought it was just the deranged mind of George W being a bully and invading sovereign nations for the hell of it !

Health ? Universal health policy ? No - that would cut into what he is spending on foreign invasions. Let the people die - whether at home or in Iraq.

Jobs - isnt that what the military is for - especially for white trash and anyone who is coloured ?

The economy ? That's that thing that is in a death spiral that is causing everyone else in the world grief ?
What ! - we overspent on the military ? But we are the GOP - that's what we do now !

Reagan will be turning in his grave............

Oh boy, here we go............again.

You know, its just coincidence that the military recruits outside walmart.

attack eagle
02-06-2008, 04:10 PM
whisky. what i have been able to determine, is that basically the board is putting them in order of the posters time IE if you were two hours ahead of me, and I posted within two hours, my post would go above yours, instead of After if everything was referenced to GMT.

M20Turbo
02-06-2008, 04:35 PM
This is my experiment to see exactly where this message - timed 2040hrs UK time - will end up. Its currently post no 48 and comes after M20 Turbo's post ending '' Respect the rules of the land and your fellow man and we ALL will get along....."
I'm finding this thread interesting but a hell of a job to follow who is answering what. Its a bit like trying to assemble a letter after someone put it through the shredder!!

Yea I'm not sure what is on with the time stamps and order they get posted????

Zeuk in Oz
02-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Forget the economy, U.S. foreign policy, jobs or health etc..

The US has a foreign policy ? - I thought it was just the deranged mind of George W being a bully and invading sovereign nations for the hell of it !

Health ? Universal health policy ? No - that would cut into what he is spending on foreign invasions. Let the people die - whether at home or in Iraq.

Jobs - isnt that what the military is for - especially for white trash and anyone who is coloured ?

The economy ? That's that thing that is in a death spiral that is causing everyone else in the world grief ?
What ! - we overspent on the military ? But we are the GOP - that's what we do now !

Reagan will be turning in his grave............

ryan roopnarine
02-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh the internet, what filth we mingle with.

simply a prediction as to where this thread will head if the post order stays out of order, hence the reference to pierre trudeau's son's posterior. i could have just as easily said "crypto-fascist republicans" or liberal euro-homos. looks accurate, too.

repenttokyo
02-06-2008, 06:08 PM
. uh... dude much respect but i don't think we should forget slavery was abolished in canada in 1834 (i didn't know that i looked it up) and women were given the right to vote here in the 1920s or something... and our treatment of aboriginal people is as suspect as any country colonised by europeans except maybe australia-

i am referring to the fact that Canada is not governed by any particular religious law, nor is our system of legal 'values' derived from Christianity. We have legal abortion, gay marriage and many other legal institutions that would be counter to fundamentalist ideals.

timandbim
02-06-2008, 07:26 PM

totally. and there are very few people who get to decide who is 'ordinary' and who isn't.
my country wasn't founded on christian fundamentals, it was founded on the equality of men and women who are free to practise their own beliefs.
uh... dude much respect but i don't think we should forget slavery was abolished in canada in 1834 (i didn't know that i looked it up) and women were given the right to vote here in the 1920s or something... and our treatment of aboriginal people is as suspect as any country colonised by europeans except maybe australia- the BS that john howard spews about this being OUR land, we speak english, a lot of us are christian, etc. has really only been true since most of the aboriginals were killed off.

CANADA is #1 on my list. got to stop the red menace on our doorstep (plus they are our largest supplier of imported oil and comedians) lol bring it on you guys have so many soldiers abroad these days that we could probably invade you! but then who would buy all your super cheap ebay deals?

i think that's a bit more than my 2 cents (closer to 2.012 cents...:D)
maybe i shouldn't see it this way but i find it ironic that chances are pretty good you're going to elect either a woman or a black dude to clean up a big pile of ****.
hope it works out...

repenttokyo
02-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Well you're corrected in stating that the United States wasn't orignally founded on christian fundamentals, but unfortunately its since been hi-jacked by the fundamentalists.
The phrases "One nation under God" from the 'revised' U.S. 'Pledge of Allegiance' and "In God we Trust" as appears on all U.S. currrency were of course NOT introduced or indeed ever sanctioned by the founding fathers.

They came into existence as all such religious catch phrases do, in an attempt for those in control to combine the power of church and state by having the population beleive that God was the very reason for their freedom.

Religion in the eyes of those in government has never been about fairness or equality. It is about power and control.

i'm not American, i was referring to my country, which is Canada. but I agree with many of your points.

pundit
02-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Just remember one fundamental thing...

Politicians never say what they mean.
Politicians never mean what they say.
THEY JUST GET THE NUMBERS!!

pundit
02-06-2008, 11:06 PM
... my country wasn't founded on christian fundamentals, it was founded on the equality of men and women who are free to practise their own beliefs...[/url]
Well you're corrected in stating that the United States wasn't orignally founded on christian fundamentals, but unfortunately its since been hi-jacked by the fundamentalists.
The phrases "One nation under God" from the 'revised' U.S. 'Pledge of Allegiance' and "In God we Trust" as appears on all U.S. currrency were of course NOT introduced or indeed ever sanctioned by the founding fathers.

They came into existence as all such religious catch phrases do, in an attempt for those in control to combine the power of church and state by having the population beleive that God was the very reason for their freedom.

Religion in the eyes of those in government has never been about fairness or equality. It is about power and control.

Zeuk in Oz
02-06-2008, 11:25 PM

Amen to that !

BigKriss
02-07-2008, 10:31 AM
I don't know where you got this information from (were is the reference), but Australian's didn't want him anymore :(

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

swenpro
02-07-2008, 02:23 PM
-

paul p (chi-town)
02-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Just remember one fundamental thing...

Politicians never say what they mean.
Politicians never mean what they say.
THEY JUST GET THE NUMBERS!!Mostly true.
Some do buck the trend, they rarely get elected.
Feingold from WI is one (but he wasn’t running, and he’s a budget hawk not HAWK). Kucinich and Gravel, eh....

Which left the good doctor…..
Voted, campaigned and donated (twice).
I know it seems Quixotic at this point, but as long as Paul has the stomach for this, so do i….
A revival of the libertarian wing of the GOP? Will they rediscover Goldwater?
Or finally some critical mass for the Libertarians, who knows.

Hang up & Drive!
94 BMW 530iT&A 135K, ‘Helga’ ( ‘Paul’mobile *smirk* join the R3VOLUTION )
92 BMW 325i 145K, ‘Rolf’ ( WI deer survivor *whew* )
93 Datsun NX2000 180K ‘Carla’ ( not enough PB blaster *shakes head* )
85 Toyo MR2 130K ‘Jerry’ ( museum piece / track toy *grin* )
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty,
than to those attending too small a degree of it." – Thomas Jefferson
Ron Paul 2008 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Ron_Paul)

repenttokyo
02-07-2008, 04:08 PM
NEW DEVELOPMENT--Romney is suspending his campaign (i.e. he dropped out)! Now it's up to the GOP to figure out what to do with his delegates. Give them to Ron Paul! If you are still voting in one of the upcoming primary states, I urge you to do a little research on Paul before you make a decision.

even if paul got romney's delegates, he's still far behind mccain.

pundit
02-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Mostly true.
Some do buck the trend, they rarely get elected...

That's it in a nutshell.
They either don't get elected or they don't have a long political career.

ryan roopnarine
02-07-2008, 08:04 PM
http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-AZ994_law_ro_20080207122631.gif