PDA

View Full Version : Will a 94 mirror fit a 92?

BennyM
02-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Went out to my 5er last night to drive home and noticed that a third of my drivers-side mirror was missing. Hmmmmm. Now it's a bit trickier to merge onto the freeway, so I need a quick solution. ebay could save the day, BUT:
Can I bolt a 94 mirror into a 92 car? Thanks.

Thanks in advance.
BennyM

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-05-2008, 05:47 PM
The mounts are the same, but I have run into differences in the plugs.

Omega
02-06-2008, 03:04 AM
Duct tape is your friend....

Seriously look at RealOEM for the mirror glass. It will say if there is difference between the years.

BennyM
02-06-2008, 06:12 AM
Sorry, I should have been more specific. When I say a third of it is missing, I mean the entire housing is missing a chunk. The mirror plate itself is nowhere to be found and the motor is detached. Also, the heating element probably wouldn't work very well with duct tape.

Normally, I'm all for the duct tape alternative. But, sigh.......

BennyM

Duct tape is your friend....

Seriously look at RealOEM for the mirror glass. It will say if there is difference between the years.

BennyM
02-06-2008, 06:14 AM
With regards to the plugs: Is that a year to year mismatch or a heated vs. un heated, memory vs. no memory, issue?

The mounts are the same, but I have run into differences in the plugs.

///Meisterbrau
02-06-2008, 07:20 PM
With regards to the plugs: Is that a year to year mismatch or a heated vs. un heated, memory vs. no memory, issue?
I'm pretty sure the plug changed when they changed the style of mirror. I ran the early style and then changed back to the correct late style. I had to cut/solder the wiring to plug them in.