PDA

View Full Version : E34 Top Spec

Lordsneldon
02-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Does anyone know the optional extras that you dont see much that could have been fitted to the e34 when new?
I just wondered really, see if theres anything else that could have been original that I can stick on the car!! thx:D

Paul in NZ
02-04-2008, 02:38 AM
the sky was the limit really...the option list was a mile long...eg
Colour DIAMANTSCHWARZ METALLIC (181)

Upholstery SCHWARZ LEDER (0203)

Prod. date 1989-12-01

Order options
No. Description
200 KATALYSATOR - ENTFALL (no catalytctic converter)

209 LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL (25%)

226 SPORTS SUSPENSION SETTINGS

291 BMW LM SCHMIEDERAD/KREUZSPEICH (alloy wheels)

302 ALARM SYSTEM

320 MODEL DESIGNATION, DELETION (no model badge)

335 M TECHNIC SPORTPAKET (mtech body kit, front spoiler skirts,rear wing, aero rear bumper cover)

339 SATIN CHROME (matt black finish around windows instead of chrome)

401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC

458 SEAT ADJUSTMENT, ELECTRIC. F DRIVER/PASS

481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER

498 HEADRESTS IN REAR, MECHANIC. ADJUSTABLE

500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING

534 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING

548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING

560 CO-PILOTS IN RR COMPARTMENT (reading lamps in rear )

563 BEL.MAKE-UP SPIEGEL (make up mirrors(or lights for make up mirror)

571 BOOSTED POWER SUPPLY (extra battery in boot)

676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM

687 RADIO PREPARATION

708 M-SPORT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL II

806 Neuseeland Ausfuehrung

847 erweiterter Kabelbaum

850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT

925 SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE

Lordsneldon
02-04-2008, 01:15 PM
****,theres is loads isnt there!!! Actually I was working at a dealer the other day (i'm a mobile vehicle electrician.....i do stuff like towbars,sat navs,phone kits etc etc etc!!) and i gave them my reg no and they printed out this piece of paper which gives all the extras that was ordered with my specific car when new, and that has one that says ''increased power supply'' and his exact words were ''it has a quicker engine'' now i dont know how but maybe the ecu was re-mapped when new??? what do you think?

Paul in NZ
02-04-2008, 03:38 PM
****,theres is loads isnt there!!! Actually I was working at a dealer the other day (i'm a mobile vehicle electrician.....i do stuff like towbars,sat navs,phone kits etc etc etc!!) and i gave them my reg no and they printed out this piece of paper which gives all the extras that was ordered with my specific car when new, and that has one that says ''increased power supply'' and his exact words were ''it has a quicker engine'' now i dont know how but maybe the ecu was re-mapped when new??? what do you think?
no it will be the same as mine...aux battery in boot.This is not the full list this is the same list for mine that you got printed out.For instance... i havent got blinds ski bag,auto tint mirror etc etc

Lordsneldon
02-04-2008, 07:16 PM
no it will be the same as mine...aux battery in boot.This is not the full list this is the same list for mine that you got printed out.For instance... i havent got blinds ski bag,auto tint mirror etc etc

Oh i see, thanks for that. mine dosent seem to have an aux battery in the boot (anymore) would you be kind enough to take a photo of it please?

Paul in NZ
02-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Oh i see, thanks for that. mine dosent seem to have an aux battery in the boot (anymore) would you be kind enough to take a photo of it please?
Mine hadnt been looked at in years..the PO didnt even know it was there,and argued that he didnt have one.The fllor of the boot was covered in baking soda and there was some rust andd slightly second hand looking wire tape/Obviously there had been a spill at some point.I took it out.See my option list there is "boosted power supply" or something.I assume thats what your option that the bmw guy was tralking about

doogie
02-05-2008, 06:16 PM
I have boosted power supply on my list too (and no boot battery), but according to the option list I found here (http://www.bmwe36blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/optioncodes.pdf) that 571 boosted power supply is just a 140A alternator, 832 is the code for battery in the trunk.

Paul in NZ
02-05-2008, 07:26 PM
well i dont know if mine was added or nt...all I know is there was a little tray about a 25a hr battery which was hooked into a relay off which a red cable ran back around to the main battery,and a specially shaped boot covering to accomodate the battery.

myles
02-05-2008, 08:55 PM
The ski bag is a handy addition. Not so much for skis but very good for long items that otherwise wouldn't fit.

Lordsneldon
02-06-2008, 05:17 PM
The ski bag is a handy addition. Not so much for skis but very good for long items that otherwise wouldn't fit.

Thanks myles i'll try and get one of them from my local scrapyard....you wouldnt believe the prices of stuff I have to pay from my scrapyard, if you remember you gave me some advice on the cruise setup,,well EVERYTHING.actuator.stalk.ecu.wiring cost me £10 (approx $20USD) unbelievable isnt it. I once removed an m50 cylinder head in near perfect condition and got charged a pathetic £50!!

Lordsneldon
02-06-2008, 05:20 PM
I have boosted power supply on my list too (and no boot battery), but according to the option list I found here (http://www.bmwe36blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/optioncodes.pdf) that 571 boosted power supply is just a 140A alternator, 832 is the code for battery in the trunk.

Wonderful stuff..thanks, So mine has the uprated alternator (571 on paperwork) actually that would explain why the battery that came with it looks as if it would stast a tractor from cold!!!

myles
02-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Thanks myles i'll try and get one of them from my local scrapyard....you wouldnt believe the prices of stuff I have to pay from my scrapyard, if you remember you gave me some advice on the cruise setup,,well EVERYTHING.actuator.stalk.ecu.wiring cost me £10 (approx $20USD) unbelievable isnt it. I once removed an m50 cylinder head in near perfect condition and got charged a pathetic £50!!

You wouldn't believe what we have to pay here. It's usually cheaper to buy from the UK or US and pay for shipping. Some of these items don't exist on our cars either as it was never offered as a dealer option.

pcross
02-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Does anyone know the optional extras that you dont see much that could have been fitted to the e34 when new?
I just wondered really, see if theres anything else that could have been original that I can stick on the car!! thx:D
Well, there's the really scarce round emergency gas can that fit into the wheel well of your 525i (others, too). Most of these were found in European vehicles. Ocassionally. one turns up on eBay.

kev535i
02-07-2008, 12:29 AM
dont forget the rear fridge!

Nick.Hay
02-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Can any dealership look up the spec of your car??

Lordsneldon
02-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Well, there's the really scarce round emergency gas can that fit into the wheel well of your 525i (others, too). Most of these were found in European vehicles. Ocassionally. one turns up on eBay.

Thanks actually that would be really good......i'm always running low on fuel and I can never find a decent place to put the cheap plastic containers in so I'll have a look for one of them

Lordsneldon
02-07-2008, 08:40 PM
dont forget the rear fridge!

Yeah that would be good for keeping tins of Cider chilled for the drinking on the beach:D

Lordsneldon
02-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Can any dealership look up the spec of your car??
Yeah i'm pretty sure thay can, the guy just did a search on the BMW computer, just go in and ask.

Nick.Hay
02-07-2008, 08:44 PM
YAY!!! Thats my project for the day!! :D

Stay tuned (tho I envisage a short list) :(

And as I envisaged... My 535iA has NO options :(
The original owner must have been a tightarse!!

Model Code: HD22-10
Colour: Alpine White
Trim: Indigo Cloth

Production week: 49/12/89
(49th week of the year, december 1989)

Local fit options: 0018 Eurovox 8690
(I guess something audio was fitted at the dealership... Maybe Australian spec Cassette deck??)

Standard Options:
0530- Air Cond.
0560- ***** (wtf??)
0563- Lghtpckg (foglights??)
0687- Superseded
0708- Superseded
0810- Aust. Specs
0850- Sup Fuel (apparently, leaded fuel engine??)

Extra Options:
NOTHING!! Tight-fisted Bastards!! :(

So there we go...

Lordsneldon
02-07-2008, 08:46 PM
You wouldn't believe what we have to pay here. It's usually cheaper to buy from the UK or US and pay for shipping. Some of these items don't exist on our cars either as it was never offered as a dealer option.

Yeah well if your ever stuck for a part i'm sure i could help because my scrapyard is a 'remove it yourself and show a bloke at the window on your way out and get charged peanuts' sort of place there really arent many scrapies which let the general public in to do that, usually there are about 300 cars there at any one time and out of that about 7-8 bmws of all descriptions

Nick.Hay
02-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Has anyone on here actually got an "everybox ticket" E34??

Wouldn't it be interesting to see a fully loaded E34 with all the options still working!! :D

GJPinAU
02-07-2008, 10:31 PM
these are in Oz$s
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7590/e34optionsgn8.jpg

Paul in NZ
02-07-2008, 11:23 PM
bloody hell..electric sports seats with memory is a 7000 dollar option!!!....2230 if you were optioning a 540...do you know what a LE cost GP?

3rdE34
02-08-2008, 05:23 AM
just out of interest , which car did they do the print out for ? 520 or 525? wondered because of the "increased power supply" for example i think in 1991 the 520i received more valves per cylinder than the previous years of the model and maybe it relates to that happening.......... ?? also i worked with a guy who had a brand new 1988 525 and he claimed it had a "special" motor.... (but i drove it and it wasnt anything special hehehe) it was the first car i had ever seen with armrests.....

genphreak
02-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Has anyone got an electrically adjustable steering column?

I've never seen that....

Hmm 'Soft close bootlid', wtf is that?

Are the options left blank simply not available?

doogie
02-08-2008, 03:23 PM
The soft close bootlid was an option on the E32, don't know about the E34; basically rather than slamming the boot shut you put the boot down and the servo pulls it closed and locks it.

I've ordered one from German Ebay to retrofit to my E32 but I've still not got it yet :(

pgrindstaff
02-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Has anyone got an electrically adjustable steering column?

I've never seen that....

Hmm 'Soft close bootlid', wtf is that?

Are the options left blank simply not available?

My '95 540 has an electrically adjustable steering wheel. I believe other 95's have this option as well.

ringle
02-08-2008, 08:28 PM
You may be able to find this same list from your car under the rear seat.

(Sorry I had to break it down due to size limits.)

Perhaps someone would be so kind as to translate the less recognizable items.

Nick.Hay
02-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Wow.. Daytona Violet M540i with black leather?? Yum!!

Photos, Photos, Photos, Photos, Photos, Photos!!!! :D

Paul in NZ
02-09-2008, 02:13 PM
YAY!!! Thats my project for the day!! :D

Extra Options:
NOTHING!! Tight-fisted Bastards!! :(

never mind Nick the 535 would have had a pretty good "basic spec" to begin with

John Q Public
02-10-2008, 12:05 AM

The only after purchase option I REALLY want(ed) was the Glass Roof Panel...but alas...it is not in the local stealer's computer here...

ringle
03-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Wow.. Daytona Violet M540i with black leather?? Yum!!

Photos, Photos, Photos, Photos, Photos, Photos!!!! :D

Here's some teasers....