PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever "7-ized" a fiver?

Ross
02-03-2008, 02:25 PM
There have been lots posted up about esoteric features from the seven series.
Has anyone given a 5 the full set of 7 goodies? Most of it would work.

pundit
02-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Here in Australia there was a version of the E34 called the 'Executive' which had most of the seven series standard options.
I'm not talking about walnut bars and ice makers etc or Highline type options...

This was the factory spec for my Australian delivered 'Executive' 535i...

Sunroof
Full leather interior
M-Tech 2 steering wheel
Rear headrests
Rear roller blind (not electric)
Electric memory seats and mirrors
Auto dipping anti-glare interior mirror
Dual Climate Control
Full OBC
Electronically height adjustable headlights
Heated Locks and external mirrors.
Front fog lamps
Cruise Control
Rear Pillar lamps
Auto switching sun visor vanity lamps
Full first aid kit - under front passenger seat

I may have missed something.
Heated seats were not seen here because we don't have sub zero winters.
The only other couple of things my E34 seems to be missing (without getting into Highline spec options) would be a factory phone and wood trim.

Shogun would know everything there is to know about seven series 'toys'.
For anyone wanting to up spec an E34 buying an E32 as a donor parts car is an option as they're dirt cheap.

Cheers pundit

myles
02-03-2008, 07:27 PM
I see you are missing the excellent factory remote central locking. There is also the factory dwa alarm.

CharlesAFerg
02-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Oh you guys are just bragging, ;D
I had no idea!
I'd love pictures on this thread.

billy
02-03-2008, 07:34 PM
some E32s had electrically adjustable rear seats, im not aware of the E34 ever having that? im not sure if it could be fitted either? certainly havent heard of it

also the E32 had the option of door puddle lights, doors lit up when opened, ewre they red or white? i cant remember

billy
02-03-2008, 07:38 PM
theres the walnut picnic tables built into the back of the front 2 seats on the e32, could be fitted because E32 front seats fit in an E34

vince
02-03-2008, 07:46 PM
The 750iL E32 seats really don't look to be fittable into the 5. They require a separate frame to bolt to, then they are also wider, and there is no easy way to make them all fit.

The door lights are white.

vince

shogun
02-03-2008, 11:59 PM
The 750iL E32 seats really don't look to be fittable into the 5. They require a separate frame to bolt to, then they are also wider, and there is no easy way to make them all fit.

The door lights are white.

vince

Front seats fit bolt on.
Rear seats not 100%, because they are wider, but can be made to fit, many have done that.

When it comes to the E32 L-version separate single seats, then it gets more difficult, because there is not enough space in a normal short wheel base E32 and also not in an E34, to move the electric seats forward, and they also touch the door panels on the rear doors, even in a SWB E32. You also would need the base for the seats and weld on some items in the floor.

The wood trays/tables from the Highline version I would not recommend in a short E32 and also not in an E34.
Not enough space, that is like sitting in economy class in an airplane having lunch.
I have 2 spare sets of tables from Highline L-version E32 and tried to install it in my E32 Alpina B12 5.0 short wheel base.
Did not fit as:
a) the sports seats from the Alpina in front have a different back side, where the trays are to be fitted and also the lights and wires.
b) economy class feeling in the rear with these tables.

Looks nice, but actually just for show, I have never used them so far.
Although I am still looking to get the original glasses of the Highline for the cooler box in the rear armrest. But that is just to have all parts complete as a collector item.

And just forget about installing the original separate second aircon of the Highline version for the rear compartment.

attack eagle
02-04-2008, 02:05 AM
MY 'upspec'
Dual Sunroof
Electric seats and mirrors
Leather seats
Auto dipping anti-glare interior mirror (e46)
Dual Climate Control
Full OBC
Front fog lamps
Rear fog lamps
Cruise Control
Rear Pillar Reading lamps
Heated seats
wood trim.

Ditched the factory alarm as relatively useless.

No way to fit the sunshades, no reasonable way rather, as tourings use different rear doors, and I'm not about to cut up good touring panels to fit shades I don't need (5% tint)

Would like to add lumbar support to the existing comfort seats.
And
In a couple more years (when at least my eldest son is out of booster seats) rear seat heating. That's about all I have that is feasible to add.

pundit
06-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Man I must have posted this 2 years ago.... yet it shows 02-04-2008, 09:04 AM, as being the date... Yes indeed this DB is screwed!!!

Here in Australia there was a version of the E34 called the 'Executive' which had most of the seven series standard options.
I'm not talking about walnut bars and ice makers etc or Highline type options...

This was the factory spec for my Australian delivered 'Executive' 535i...

Sunroof
Full leather interior
M-Tech 2 steering wheel
Rear headrests
Rear roller blind (not electric)
Electric memory seats and mirrors
Auto dipping anti-glare interior mirror
Dual Climate Control
Full OBC
Front fog lamps
Cruise Control
Rear Pillar lamps
Full first aid kit - under front passenger seat

I may have missed something.
Heated seats were not seen here because we don't have sub zero winters.
The only other couple of things my E34 seems to be missing (without getting into Highline spec options) would be a factory phone and wood trim.

Shogun would know everything there is to know about seven series 'toys'.
For anyone wanting to up spec an E34 buying an E32 as a donor parts car is an option as they're dirt cheap.

Cheers pundit

nirvana19
06-12-2008, 09:04 PM
How exactly does one go about making an E32 rear seat to fit an E34. I have a 535i with natur interior that is in decent shape, but the driver's seat is torn and the front seat heating is no longer operable. There is an E32 with a very nice interior that I could get at a good price locally, its a 735i. My car currently has headrests to the E32 headrests look promising, but what modification would I have to do to make everything fit?

shogun
06-12-2008, 10:20 PM
What I have read on the German E34 forum: the single rear seat of the E32 fits, but it is difficult to close the doors, unless you remove some of the upholstery stuff on the edges where the door panel touches. The E32 seats are wider in the rear.
Then the E32 has 2 different kind of headrests:
older version it is mounted onto the rear seat back, while in newer versions the plate with the headrest system is mounted onto the steel between passenger room and trunk.
So first of all get the VIN of that 735 you want to remove the parts, use realoem.com and compare the parts and see what is installed.

Wire looms might not be there, so get that also out of the 735, the more the better. You will be surpised how many wire looms are inside a 750 for example, have a look here when I disassembled my parts 750iL
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/270025/

BMWDriver
06-13-2008, 01:21 PM
I remember someone transplanted the e32 V12 into a touring e34. Or was it from an e31 ?

bubba966
06-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Would like to know how the lumbar support (it's electrically adjustable, right?) is added and if it can be done to E34 sport seats.

shogun
06-13-2008, 05:43 PM
go to bimmerboard.com E32 forum, under related links on the right side click the archive called e38.org/e32/
there must be a linked instruction how to do, EBA copy
Or search there on the E32 forum for
"lumbar support"

Craig Wright
06-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Brett Anderson at Koala Motorsporst. I don't remember if it was from a E31 or E32. He's located just east of Cleveland, OH. I saw an E34 sedan w/ a V12 at his shop a few weeks ago. He's also created a few ///M7's as well.

genphreak
06-14-2008, 11:30 PM

What I want to know is;

Is it possible to retrofit the e32's detachable bootlid hinges to the e34?

Now that would be useful mod (when will I need to remove the bootlid... ?

Also, would need to add a detachable harness connector. I wonder how this is done on the e32... BMW+connector+user frieindly does not go together in my mind though!

:) nick

bubba966
06-15-2008, 07:17 AM
go to bimmerboard.com E32 forum, under related links on the right side click the archive called e38.org/e32/
there must be a linked instruction how to do, EBA copy
Or search there on the E32 forum for
"lumbar support"

Cool, got 2 different how to's on the lumber retrofit there. But no part #'s for the switch, wiring harness, etc.

Anybody got any idea where I can find those?

BMWDriver
06-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Brett Anderson at Koala Motorsporst. I don't remember if it was from a E31 or E32. He's located just east of Cleveland, OH. I saw an E34 sedan w/ a V12 at his shop a few weeks ago. He's also created a few ///M7's as well.

M7 ? Gotta see that ! Any pics ?