PDA

View Full Version : Diesel owners Pl help (relays)

Barney Paull-Edwards
02-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Hi all

Last night i went out to have a look at fuse 23 and to get a better look i moved one of the relays now some how i lost it :( thought i had put it back in last night but when i went out this morning the car wouldn't turn over knowing i had moved things i checked and just thought i put the relay in the wrong place move the relay i thought it was back and car started :D

BUTTTTTTTTT lol tonight when i finish work i get in start her up turn on the lights and iv only got side lights, jump out swap the relay and head lights come on now this mean iv lost a relay i have looked all over and cant find it so i must get another one only thing is i have no idea what one i should really have can anyone help with a picture of the fuse box and fuses and relays in it so i know what I'm looking at.

all the pictures i found on the net where for another BMW's not my diesel and Bentley doesn't show the relay lay out the same as mine

plz help

cheers
So, before I go out to -2c and freeze my ass off, you want shots of the front and rear fuse box of a 525TDS???? Suggest you E mail me for speed,I`ll pass my number and you can call.

calibra
02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Hi all

Last night i went out to have a look at fuse 23 and to get a better look i moved one of the relays now some how i lost it :( thought i had put it back in last night but when i went out this morning the car wouldn't turn over knowing i had moved things i checked and just thought i put the relay in the wrong place move the relay i thought it was back and car started :D

BUTTTTTTTTT lol tonight when i finish work i get in start her up turn on the lights and iv only got side lights, jump out swap the relay and head lights come on now this mean iv lost a relay i have looked all over and cant find it so i must get another one only thing is i have no idea what one i should really have can anyone help with a picture of the fuse box and fuses and relays in it so i know what I'm looking at.

all the pictures i found on the net where for another BMW's not my diesel and Bentley doesn't show the relay lay out the same as mine

plz help

cheers

whiskychaser
02-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi all

plz help

cheers
I have no idea where your relays fit. But could I suggest you popped one of them in the wrong slot? (Mine has a spare slot though its not wired up) Easy mistake to make in the dark

calibra
02-01-2008, 05:21 PM
So, before I go out to -2c and freeze my ass off, you want shots of the front and rear fuse box of a 525TDS???? Suggest you E mail me for speed,I`ll pass my number and you can call.

many thanks paul

Ill take a picture of my fuse box tomorrow and post it on here saves getting to cold and shows just what relays i have :D

calibra
02-01-2008, 05:23 PM
I have no idea where your relays fit. But could I suggest you popped one of them in the wrong slot? (Mine has a spare slot though its not wired up) Easy mistake to make in the dark

yeah I'm thinking there is one in the wrong slot cant see how it could just disappear. You only have one space slot? iv got loads but then i don't have air con or fog lights mine is only a basic model :(

whiskychaser
02-01-2008, 05:29 PM
yeah I'm thinking there is one in the wrong slot cant see how it could just disappear. You only have one space slot? iv got loads but then i don't have air con or fog lights mine is only a basic model :(
Have air con and fog lights but there are only 3 slots in the e-box. One is fuel pump, one is for ECU and third isnt used:) There are more under back seat but I dont suppose you 'lost' a relay under there and forgot:D

calibra
02-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Have air con and fog lights but there are only 3 slots in the e-box. One is fuel pump, one is for ECU and third isnt used:) There are more under back seat but I dont suppose you 'lost' a relay under there and forgot:D

sorry i should have need more clear the relay i lost is from the same fuse box as fuse 23 not the same box as the fuel relay and ecu

cheers

Barney Paull-Edwards
02-02-2008, 04:42 AM
many thanks paul

Ill take a picture of my fuse box tomorrow and post it on here saves getting to cold and shows just what relays i have :D
Will do same @1400 and you can compare, have fog and A/C,no heated/electric seats.Its worth pulling all fuses front and back and cleaning blades, my odd problems disappeared after that.

Barney Paull-Edwards
02-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Sorry but cannot up-load shots of fuse box.If you want to PM me I can talk you through which relay does what.

Ferret
02-04-2008, 05:03 AM
Sorry but cannot up-load shots of fuse box.If you want to PM me I can talk you through which relay does what.

Barney mate, email the pics to me if you want and I'll host em and post em...

Barney Paull-Edwards
02-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Barney mate, email the pics to me if you want and I'll host em and post em...
Cannot get through to you by E mail mate! Not sure where Calibra is , any idea?

Ferret
02-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Cannot get through to you by E mail mate! Not sure where Calibra is , any idea?

Based East london I think, but dont quote me :)

First pic!
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/Barney/Fusebox01.jpg
Can be linked to using:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/Barney/Fusebox01.jpg

And second:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/Barney/Fusebox02.jpg
Can be linked to using:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/Barney/Fusebox02.jpg

I think the tds has the fusebox referred to as the 'low-obc' system, not sure though :)

calibra
02-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Big thanks to Barney and ferret

sorry i have not been on after asking for help :(

Thanks for the pictures looking at them shows me my fuse box is nothing like yours really you have a lot more relays and fuse's than me, ill take a snap of mine this weekend and post it.
I found my relay it was in the car just popped it into the wrong slot after having a play around with it i found what one it was.
Had to find it the car went it for MOT and I'm very happy to say it passed.
new injector is ready to be picked up and I'm about ready to pull the fuse box out the way and have a good look under there for fuse 23 :D lets get this puppy running :D