PDA

View Full Version : I'm so pissed...Goddamn *&#/*$%

Montreal525
01-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Stupid car just died, 20 minutes ago 5 blocks from my house... I AM MAD AS HELL.. that's twice in 2 weeks...

What's the point... I try to take care of this car as much as I can and then it breaks down... I know people who don't even wash their cars, EVER... and yet their cars never break down... WTF...

It's probably the fuel pump... F**k I'm pissed...

Jeff

Montreal525
01-31-2008, 07:13 PM
2 weeks ago, stupid wipers wouldn't work anymore, in the middle of a snowstorm, first day at my new posting... Made it to the rental car company closest to my house and had to rent a car, for 2 days... turned out the wiper linkage was all seized up and wouldn't work in freezing weather...

Now this...

This is getting really annoying...

sorry, had to vent a little...

Jeff

repenttokyo
01-31-2008, 08:22 PM
wash your car more often!

pundit
01-31-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm so pissed...Goddamn *&#/*$%...Jeff
Er... does that mean things aren't going so well? ;)

timandbim
01-31-2008, 08:49 PM
that sucks - recent weather (and all the salt i think) has been really nasty on everything electrical for me. had wiper problems too, 1 busted window motor so far, random failed sensor warnings [i jumped the coolant level sensor a long time ago but all of a sudden i'm getting clsensor warnings again wtf?]
i just did the fuel check valve replacement on wednesday (so far so good...). for a while i have been suspecting the connector to the fuel pump to be a bit corroded as i get whacked fuel level readings every now and then on the console and the obc. i was going to have a look but i was on extremely limited heated garage time so i just tried to push it in a little more into the connector and i get different readings now. didn't actually fix it but i think it points to corrosion in the connector, i've seen other posts on this. easier to look at than the fuel pump.... i have a brand new fuel pump relay if you are stuck and want to try it.
i didn't mention it in my squeeling alternator post (http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36862) but the belt seized so bad one time i stalled out and it wouldn't start right away. i think that's what it was...
20 cm tomorrow... spring is just around the corner... must... hang... on...

Dragunov
01-31-2008, 09:07 PM
You're the guy who started the *@#ł this car thread, right? I think your car doesn't like you. Get rid of it.

Montreal525
01-31-2008, 11:04 PM
You're the guy who started the *@#ł this car thread, right? I think your car doesn't like you. Get rid of it.

Wasn't me...

I cooled off a bit. At least everything that is supposed to break on an E34 is breaking on mine, right on schedule... What's worst is that I can fix most of those problem but not in the winter time as my garage is occupied with my summer car and working outside at below freezing temps. is far from fun...

what strikes me as odd is that all the little things that break are never big things but always enough to bring the car down... tommorow, it will be my 6th tow truck ride with this car...

Damn...

And it's 15 to 25 cm of snow tommorow...

Double damn...

Jeff

Omega
02-01-2008, 02:08 AM
Your car broke down and the first thing you did was run home and post a bitching message about it on the internet....?

Yeah., That'll teach it real good. F*cking car! What's next, photo's of it on myspace???? Humiliate that damn POS..

Qube
02-01-2008, 02:51 AM
Nah. That snow's not coming. If it is, I'm going to ditch the e39 and take out the e34. Should be fun, no work then :)

Montreal525
02-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Your car broke down and the first thing you did was run home and post a bitching message about it on the internet....?

Yeah., That'll teach it real good. F*cking car! What's next, photo's of it on myspace???? Humiliate that damn POS..

Actually no... first thing I did was to run a search to find out all I can about that kind of failure and other fuel pump problems. Then I called my mechanic to set up a rendez vous to get it fixed as I can't do it at my house. Then, I went for a piss and after that, I posted a bitching message about it...I'm sorry I made you waste your valuable time reading and replying to my obviously incomplete posts...I'll try to be more considerate in the future...

Jeff

Omega
02-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Actually no... first thing I did was to run a search to find out all I can about that kind of failure and other fuel pump problems. Then I called my mechanic to set up a rendez vous to get it fixed as I can't do it at my house. Then, I went for a piss and after that, I posted a bitching message about it...I'm sorry I made you waste your valuable time reading and replying to my obviously incomplete posts...I'll try to be more considerate in the future...
Jeff

Well thanks for the clarification. :D Busy 20 minutes you had there.

If I was p*ssed at my car the last thing I would do is log onto a forum and bitch about it. Ask for assistance, yes. But pointlessly bitch? No. Your post was just one of many along this vein and consider that it's probably just me with this attitude. Looking at the general degredation of this site recently I do appear to be in the minority.

I was trying to highlight the fact that this forum has gone from being a rather informative and interesting site to a knitting circle that alternates from "my car gone done broken boo hoo" to "look at my new expensive shiney thing" knob polishing with little of actual interest in between.

Perhaps I should just say, I don't know you, from your initial useless post can't help you. And to be honest, just don't ****ing care anymore.

Have a nice weekend...

whiskychaser
02-01-2008, 09:21 AM

Jeff
Logic telling you not to be irrational but an inner force telling you to pick up something heavy and smash the car bits? Thats what I call a 'hide the hammer' moment. Just glad you went to the toilet before 'logging on' !!:D

RallyD
02-01-2008, 09:49 AM
gotta log out before you can log in

NovceGuru
02-01-2008, 01:22 PM

If I was p*ssed at my car the last thing I would do is log onto a forum and bitch about it. Ask for assistance, yes. But pointlessly bitch? No. Your post was just one of many along this vein and consider that it's probably just me with this attitude. Looking at the general degredation of this site recently I do appear to be in the minority.

I was trying to highlight the fact that this forum has gone from being a rather informative and interesting site to a knitting circle that alternates from "my car gone done broken boo hoo" to "look at my new expensive shiney thing" knob polishing with little of actual interest in between.

Perhaps I should just say, I don't know you, from your initial useless post can't help you. And to be honest, just don't ****ing care anymore.

Have a nice weekend...

Somewhat agreed. This guy is always on here bitching like we work for BMW and can do something for him, or that his problems are our fault.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=jqf&q=define%3Atroll&btnG=Search

see definition 5 and 6.

whiskychaser
02-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Somewhat agreed. This guy is always on here bitching like we work for BMW and can do something for him, or that his problems are our fault.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=jqf&q=define%3Atroll&btnG=Search

see definition 5 and 6.
And there was me thinking they lived under rickety bridges waiting for billy goats

Montreal525
02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Hum... harsh judgement but partially true. For this post at least... I hope you're not refering to me as the guy who's on here bitching all the time... It was a bit of frustration that I let go, and I don't blame anybody for it.

As for asking assistance, there are basic verifications one must do before asking questions, here and on the car itself... Those done, if I'm still in a bind, then I will present the problem. This way, it can benefit other people.

As per this event, the culprit was a broken power wire for the fuel pump between the harness from under the rear seat and the pump. Solutions: either drop the tank and find the break in the wire or run a jumper wire. I chose the jumper wire and it works fine now.

Now, if I hadn't done all those verifications and started asking questions from the start, someone would've probably said :

"why didn't you check the basics...bla bla bla.. this board is for lazy mindless people who want everything on a silver platter... bla bla bla..."

I don't mind if people vent their frustrations or show us their shiny new toys here. If I'm not interested, I move on... If I can offer an helpful answer, I do, if I can't I don't... simple as that.

Anyway, it's all good...

Happy shoveling to the people of Montreal...:D

Jeff

BigKriss
02-01-2008, 07:37 PM
I can only see this site going forward and no degredation what so ever :D

Have a nice weekend...

bad_manners_god
02-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Talk about a Montreal Packed Thread, I count 4.

Monastie
02-02-2008, 04:06 AM
5 no shoveling for me :)