PDA

View Full Version : I would like to share my short story

swenpro
01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
The E34 535i is a great car.

Great to hear! ...a great car indeed, but everyone should replace their throttle cable at 100k mi, it's tendency to stick is simply not safe! Cheers

///Sniper535
01-30-2008, 09:47 PM
One night a while back, I was waiting for my girlfriend to get off work at the mall. I sat in the parking lot for a lil bit over 2 hours listening to the radio. When she comes out we plan on leaving. I try to start my car and it doesn't have enough juice. Luckily she had jumper cables in her '02 Jeep Liberty 3.7L. When we hooked up the cars, i told her to turn on her car and rev it a lil bit. When I tried to turn on my car, there was a spark. That spark was caused from my accelerator cable snapping somehow. I said fudge. I had a wire in my trunk and I used it to tie my cable back on the throttle. It worked. So the next day I got a throttle cable repair kit and bolted a new cable on. What it did was limit my accelerator cables ability to go full throttle. So for the past month or 6 weeks I've been driving with a limited amount of power, and tonight I finally replaced it with a new cable form the dealer I bought 2 weeks ago. My car, yet again has plenty of torque to get up to 60 in about 7.5 seconds. All that power felt so good after over a month of it's absence.

The E34 535i is a great car.

atlfokus
01-30-2008, 10:11 PM
congrats, 535i is a great car!

Barney Paull-Edwards
01-31-2008, 01:28 AM
Great car but why did it spark???????? Because your body to engine earth cable is weak , easy to test,jump from engine to body, if car winds easier then get a new cable, or bodge it and leave jump cable in place!

///Sniper535
01-31-2008, 03:08 AM
I noticed a slight increase in pick up with the new cable. The old original one was worn and needed replacing. I could only imagine what an E34 540 or M5 feels like. Haha