PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control Wiring E34 / Auto Tranny major leak

DaveVoorhis
01-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Wiring diagrams might help. See http://shark.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW

Lordsneldon
01-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Hello everyone, Um i'm trying to fit an OEM cruise setup to my 94 525i se Auto M50 and have had some very good advice from 'myles' but i still cannot find the plug in the engine bay for the actuator, have just come back from my local breakers yard and all but 1 of the 5 series I looked at (there must have been about 6-7) had the plug for the actuator!!!!! all in the same sort of place, but mine doesnt so after scratching my head and thinking logically I cut into the loom to see if the previous owner had maybe cut of the plug and just pushed the 6 wires back up the loom.........but no wishful thinking I think1!, So does anybody know where the wires for the actuator terminate to??? and if so what colours/configuration.....before I go back to the breakers yard and slice into the whole loom of the car..............

Also I hjave just put a new engine in this car and when I ran it for the first time, the auto tranny fluid came literally pouring out of the bell housing....it didnt do it in the donor car and i used the donor torque convertor to which seemed to be good???

ANY HELP OR COMMENTS GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS GUYS

whiskychaser
01-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Also I hjave just put a new engine in this car and when I ran it for the first time, the auto tranny fluid came literally pouring out of the bell housing....it didnt do it in the donor car and i used the donor torque convertor to which seemed to be good???

ANY HELP OR COMMENTS GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS GUYS
Did you swap both engine and gearbox from the donor car? If you 'only' swapped the engine, did you leave the old TC bolted to the flywheel when you took out the old engine? This might have damaged the TC seal. Also, before you put the new engine in, did you spin/push in the TC to ensure it seated properly? IIRC this can damage the pump. I hope neither happened

Lordsneldon
01-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Did you swap both engine and gearbox from the donor car? If you 'only' swapped the engine, did you leave the old TC bolted to the flywheel when you took out the old engine? This might have damaged the TC seal. Also, before you put the new engine in, did you spin/push in the TC to ensure it seated properly? IIRC this can damage the pump. I hope neither happened
No I only swapped the engine and the TC I didnt leave the old TC bolted to the flywheel, this was unbolted before the engine came out. I did spin it all around (before I put the starter back on) to ensure I hadnt missed any bolts and I actually drove the car about 200 yards and it seemed Ok??? Where abouts is the seal on the TC as I thought it didnt have one?? Thanks.

Lordsneldon
01-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Wiring diagrams might help. See http://shark.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW
Thats very helpful thanks very much

whiskychaser
01-30-2008, 04:31 PM
No I only swapped the engine and the TC I didnt leave the old TC bolted to the flywheel, this was unbolted before the engine came out. I did spin it all around (before I put the starter back on) to ensure I hadnt missed any bolts and I actually drove the car about 200 yards and it seemed Ok??? Where abouts is the seal on the TC as I thought it didnt have one?? Thanks.If the TC is a bottle, the neck end goes into the gearbox. There is a seal in the gearbox around the neck or ATF would piss everywhere. I hope I am sadly mistaken

Lordsneldon
01-30-2008, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=whiskychaser]If the TC is a bottle, the neck end goes into the gearbox. There is a seal in the gearbox around the neck or ATF would piss everywhere. I hope I am sadly mistaken[/QU
I reckon i'm gonna have to pull the gearbox of and have a look at this which is a bit of an arse, because i have had the car about 7 months and it still isnt driveable!!!:( but I intend to keep this one for a long time so it has to be perfect:)