PDA

View Full Version : Some fuel pump questions

Ferret
01-29-2008, 07:17 AM
Jon, on the diesel model at least, the pump had a completely separate loom inside the tank. You could sever the cables internally and just mask them off.

Jon K
01-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Hey guys - getting ready to put my new (old) sumped fuel tank in. I am running an external fuel pump, so I'd like to remove the factory one. Is there a neat/tidy way of removing the factory pump, retaining the sender for fuel gauge, and not having any weirdo issues with the wiring? I am thinking of snipping the wiring for the pump out so I have no worried - will this affect any wiring with the sender? I haven't taken a real close look yet.

Any help is appreciated!

Dave M
01-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Jon, your pm inbox is full, so I'm including my message here.

Sorry, this isn't a helping hand message. However, if you don't have a home for your old pump, and it ran well for you, would you consider selling it. Used ones at Vines (I think its vines) sell for $51.

Let me know,

Dave M

Jon K
01-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks Ferret - I think I will just cut it off inside - I am not familiar with fuel pump in-tank wiring, any risk of sparking?

Dave - it ran very well never had an issue and you know my car required that the fuel pump work properly :)

I can sell it to you sure - clearing PMs

Ferret
01-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks Ferret - I think I will just cut it off inside - I am not familiar with fuel pump in-tank wiring, any risk of sparking?

Dave - it ran very well never had an issue and you know my car required that the fuel pump work properly :)

I can sell it to you sure - clearing PMs

Dont know if this helps;

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/Car/2.jpg

Ross
01-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Just pop out the fuse or relay for the pump. No?

Jon K
02-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Ross I want to use the fuel pump wiring to flip the relay for my new pump I am cutting the wires inside and outside the sender housing thing