PDA

View Full Version : have to sell :(

3rdE34
01-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Hi Folks,

it is much regret that i have to sell my 3rd E34. i hope i am not breaking any rules using this space for advertising but i honestly would like this car to go to one of you guys rather than ermm some hoon...

i am on the gold coast queensland australia so brisbane, gold coast, sunshine coast, sydney, a.c.t.,, read on....

i am sorry but i do not know how to post pictures on herebut if anybody wants photos private message me your email address and i will send you some...

this car basically sits in my garage covered over i have serviced her every 6 months regardless and last service i also changed the gear oil...just because..

she is my baby and ask my family and they will tell you that i love it more than them.... i am getting a car from my father and for sentimental reasons only my bimmer has to go...

it is a 1989 535im, yes rare 5 speed manual...

she has done 279 oddd thousand k's

she still drives well, like new.....

totally stock standard and unmolested save putting in a pioneer cd player and changing the gear knob...(matching numbers all original car)

has alloy wheels,,,

she is atlantic blue in colour...

has "charcoal" coloured cloth trim (you can keep your cracked sweaty leather seats) and is in excellent condition plus the dash has no cracks and looks almost new...has fitted lambswool on front seats with bmw embossed logo (tone on tone) i have never had them off the car and all seats are in almost new condition with no rips tears or fading...the carpet is also in great condition...

the exterior has a small stone chip on bonnet and a small hardly noticable dent on the bonnet where the "scoop" fold line is...it has no rust and has very cool (wheel i think) chrome wheel arch molds... (now thats something you dont see every day....

i sometimes drive her up to brisbane and it starts first time every time runs beautifully on the highway and has the comfort and power of a

have original log books (showing all services completed, and i have serviced myself since owning) and owners manual

has all the original tools in the bootlid compartment...

she is as tight as, the motor, gearbox etc.. do their job effortlessly...

i would honestly consider this to be one of the best examples of an early model E34 series 535im in original condition in australia and would have no hesitation in advising any interested persons to contact me at your earliest convenience as the next step is the open market and i would really hate it to go to anybody but a E34 series lover like me......

i do not want to put this car in the driveway or in the hands of somebody who would not appreciate what it is or look after her...

hope to hear from you...

shogun
01-28-2008, 02:44 AM
post it also here in the Australia regional forum
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/au/

3rdE34
01-28-2008, 02:48 AM
I will thanks heaps

well i tried....joining under 2 different names even but no confirmation emails to activate membership for me :(

Paul in NZ
01-28-2008, 03:33 AM
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/BMW540iLE/
one of these guys might appreciate it....you might have to take the line out about the leather though.....good luck

3rdE34
01-28-2008, 05:33 AM
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/BMW540iLE/
one of these guys might appreciate it....you might have to take the line out about the leather though.....good luck

thanks Paul i appreciate it!

i live on the gold coast its too hot for leather in my opinion and i rarely have seen it still in good condition. i looked for over 6 months before buying this car and the cloth trim didnt put me off one bit..

having had both i know which i prefer but having said that i do appreciate the luxury of leather...

thanks again for the tip and best regards,,,,

Espen
01-28-2008, 04:13 PM
email me the pictures and I`ll post them here.

mail: espen@get-web.no

3rdE34
01-28-2008, 04:20 PM
email me the pictures and I`ll post them here.

mail: espen@get-web.no

thanks heaps i will send them to you after work this afternoon....

Paul in NZ
01-28-2008, 06:56 PM
i guess in hot weather the leather doees get a hard time....but if you look at that 540 le site they ALL have leater ,and i bet there aint to many cracked one..Lighter colour would be better,than black car with black interior.Leather is good though,its very very easy to keep clean,ice cream, drinks etc wipe straight off...cant say the same for cloth!

shogun
01-28-2008, 11:04 PM
I have posted a link on Bimmerboard Australia section to here, so if someone there is interested he might contact you.

3rdE34
01-29-2008, 03:43 AM
I have posted a link on Bimmerboard Australia section to here, so if someone there is interested he might contact you.

thanks heaps i really appreciate it....

i also have some photos now i if anybody wants to see her pm me your addy... shame that i am a *&^% photographer...

also fyi i was dissapointed when i contacted a particular bmw car club only to be told "its to old"... "none of our members would be interested they all have E39's.....he then got a bit cheesed when i asked him if any of them had a 535i manual.....but then he got really pissed when i told him that i personally thought the E34 series was the best built.....seems this particular bmw car club only has members with post 1996 cars and i am now glad that i have never had the time to join them....

my only experience with those was a mate had a brand new 528i and he had nothing but trouble with it...

anyhows i have some photos to email....

;)

3rdE34
01-29-2008, 03:58 AM
i guess in hot weather the leather doees get a hard time....but if you look at that 540 le site they ALL have leater ,and i bet there aint to many cracked one..Lighter colour would be better,than black car with black interior.Leather is good though,its very very easy to keep clean,ice cream, drinks etc wipe straight off...cant say the same for cloth!

Hey Paul, thanks mate i had a 540i previously unfortunately not the 6 speed manual, i looked at the site it states only 70 le's were made available in australia, well i thought it was 70 each year they were released here...anyhows....

you let folks eat/drink in your bimmer? lol... also sheep skin covers over the cloth can be taken off and washed,,,all my seats and carpets still look virtually brand new.....

thanks again i appreciate it....

Espen
01-29-2008, 05:58 AM
I got a bunch of photos now :)

They are all located here : http://pyrabel.net/steve_bmw/

3rdE34
01-29-2008, 07:48 AM
I got a bunch of photos now :)

They are all located here : http://pyrabel.net/steve_bmw/

thanks heaps Espen i really appreciate it and hope i get to return the favour somehow, someday... bit of a bummer they didnt come out too good as i had to use my 10 year olds camera...

p.s. i have just worked out that i have had the car for 18 months serviced it 3 times and traveled just over 6,000k's in her including an 800 k trip last week (yes she purrrred) would also like to add that the car does not have 1 spec of rust and everything works (all the electrics computer etc) and as far as i know always has.... :)

cheers

Espen
01-29-2008, 08:08 AM
No problem!

The pictures where a bit blurry.. Maybe a tripod or shorter exp time would have fixed that?

Or maybe it was just a shaky hand? I was pretty shaky myself when i sold my first E34.

OT: Looks like your winter is somewhat warmer and more pleasant than mine.. Palm threes :) I have -10 degreed Celcius and 10cm of snow everywhere..

Dragunov
01-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Might be a stupid question but, if you like your E34 so much and it's in that great condition, why don't you keep it and sell the one you get from your father? Or keep both? Or tell your father to stick his car up his... well not exactly that but you could aswell tell him that.

What's that car that makes you get rid of your pride and joy?

3rdE34
01-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Might be a stupid question but, if you like your E34 so much and it's in that great condition, why don't you keep it and sell the one you get from your father? Or keep both? Or tell your father to stick his car up his... well not exactly that but you could aswell tell him that.

What's that car that makes you get rid of your pride and joy?

sorry i missed this....i cant keep it because i simply do not have room in the garage with my wifes car as well and neither of us will put the cars on the street (young hooligans round here) aside from that i rarely drive the bimmer now so with my fathers car arriving it would be even less....pay rego , insurance etc and i really would hate to see it sitting there even more than it does now plus the $$$ of the mortgage wouldn't go astray...

the car i am getting off my father is a "heirloom" i have been trying to get it off him for 15 years (im 45) it was built the year i left school (1977) i learned to drive in. it is a zh ford fairlane he has had since new its "his pride and joy". it has done 135,000 kilometres....it is factory fitted 351 cleveland factory air, factory electronic ignition, etc etc etc...its even better original condition than my bimmer, hard to beleive but true...

3rdE34
01-29-2008, 08:36 AM
No problem!

The pictures where a bit blurry.. Maybe a tripod or shorter exp time would have fixed that?

Or maybe it was just a shaky hand? I was pretty shaky myself when i sold my first E34.

OT: Looks like your winter is somewhat warmer and more pleasant than mine.. Palm threes :) I have -10 degreed Celcius and 10cm of snow everywhere..

its the middle of summer here mate but you wouldnt have known it over christmas we copped the rear end of a cyclone it poured rain and blew wind for 2 weeks but at least the dams are full....north queensland has flooding, some areas are even blocked in....

just the shaky hands mate, im actually selling my 3rd..... E34 (i have owned them for about 10 years now i used to use them for work and would do about 40,000 k's a year in them in comfort :) (no i wasnt a part time cab driver in germany) my first was a 1st was a 1991 525im (former german consulate car) 2nd was a 540i (but even with the power i still dunno about auto's) and finally settled on the 535im (would have got an M5 or a 540ile if i could have afforded them (wife let you) but it will be the end of an era...and it IS gunna tear out my heart....

both my father and myself up till i fell for the e34's have always been v8 ford guys...(i guess its like in the states your ford or chevy and that depends on what your dad was??) i worked for a big company in 1990 and the owner had a brand new 525i and used to let me drive it.... the rest is history....

p.s. still to this day i enjoy telling my father that my bimmer has virtually the same power and torque as a ford v8 302ci windsor motor and out of 3.5 odd litres instead of 5 odd... (well if they are in a heavy fairlane anyway lol).....but then he always bags me for having an ole bedford camper with a 253ci holden motor....so he wins....!!

3rdE34
01-30-2008, 02:46 AM
looks like the trading post im afraid......

Gibbo
02-04-2008, 12:34 AM
looks like the trading post im afraid......
I'm looking for a BM project, how much is your car selling for... do you think the 5 speed has more 'go' or just more fun to drive about in...
thanks Ian
imcgee@optusnet.com.au

Gibbo
02-05-2008, 01:09 AM
What is the asking price.

3rdE34
02-05-2008, 05:37 PM
What is the asking price.

its on ebay now mate give me a call 0413841634