PDA

View Full Version : Oh I've done it now.

Jehu
01-25-2008, 10:50 PM
While at the Body Shop a few months ago my radio turned up Fried somehow. They had it 12 days and when i got it back the radio didn't respond to the input controls. I pulled the negative battery cable to reset it it with the Code and i found it didn't take the code because the circuitry of the buttons was apparently el Fritoed so while I was inputting the correct code the unit wasn't reading it that way. Somehow,I forget how i got it to take the code. The buttons can respond after many pushes sometimes,no real pattern I can discern. Well I did it again after i needed to disconnect the neg cable forgetting my grief before. I'm trying the hour or so,POS 1 ON reset and I'll try the code again but if it doesn't work I'll need to replace it . What would Jesus do? OK what would you do? Get a CD 43 for whatever on ebay or get another Alpine 5 cassette unit. I assume the CD 43 will fully operate my CD changer and display the same info on the dash as the Alpine 5 so i may go for the upgrade. I want to drag this body shop guy behind my car down the Ice Trail i drove over this morning for playing Mickey the Dunce on this...

Ross
01-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Jehu, Maybe it's just some of that pernicious body shop dust in the buttons.
Before relegating it to the heap disassembly and cleaning might fix it.

Jehu
01-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Jehu, Maybe it's just some of that pernicious body shop dust in the buttons.
Before relegating it to the heap disassembly and cleaning might fix it.

very interesting idea. The windshield was removed to repair the surround area so tons of dust would have been right over that area. I'd have hoped they would have covered it sufficiently but knowing that they allow my hood while it was off before painting to get doused with diesel which they didn't discover till after the paint dried forcing them to redo it I guess i shouldn't be surprised.

Jehu
01-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Well thanks to the hope i received from the above suggestion and after a 24 hr battery disconnect though not sure that was neccesary I got the Code to input on the second try. Got my Mojo working again..