PDA

View Full Version : Is my car possesed by Satan?

Sean H
01-25-2008, 06:28 PM
This seems to be a new one: yesterday, as I driving (in 38 degree weather, nonetheless) my sunroof slowly opened itself. About every minute, it would creep back another half inch. I couldn't do anything with it; the switch seemed dead. When I finally reached my destination and turned the car off, it opened the rest of the way.

I unplugged the switch and cranked it closed, only to have it spring open again as soon as the key was turned to the "on" position. I pulled the plug on the motor, and that seemed to quiet it up. However, the windows wouldn't work anymore, and there were these strange clicks coming from the doors. Kind of like door lock actuators and window motors kicking on and off. I could lock the doors from the outside with the key, but the central locking from the inside was hit or miss (more miss than hit).

Today it seemed normal (I'm still afraid to plug the sunroof back in). Windows and locks fully operational. So what say you? I've heard of all the accessories going dead when the fuseable link is on its way out, but have never heard of them taking on a life of their own.

Ferret
01-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Sounds like your general module/interior controllers going on the blink... have a look under your rear seats for water ingress etc!

attack eagle
01-25-2008, 06:44 PM
call a priest. :)

no idea man.

nirvana19
01-27-2008, 09:54 AM
GM controls all of those things. Problems with the double-lock switch cause the sunroof and windows to all CLOSE when the car is switched OFF without the key in the double-lock position

Sam-Son
01-27-2008, 02:22 PM
strange.. no clue what that could be....