PDA

View Full Version : ///Monster Suspension?

TheGeak
05-20-2004, 11:49 AM
So as a slightly related part of my project i'm going to redo the front suspension while i'm in the area so to speak. What all would should i look to replace? If i replace bushings/thurst arms etc. now and decide later on that i want to change my suspension-set up (ie, stiffer springs) will i have to replace everything again or shouldn't that matter?

All comments, concerns, and opinions welcome.

Jason

Dave M
05-20-2004, 12:06 PM
then oskar thinks you can go ahead and do the thrust arms (as the populus would likely agree to, I recommend the BMA special, lemforders with 750 bushings @$90 a side). Swaping springs and struts later would not make replacement of anything else necessary. It may be, in my opinion, a tad easier to do both suspension mods and control arms at the same time as removal of the strut assembly helps in the thrust arm removal 'process'. Either way, everything comes apart with a 13mm,19mm,a 21 or 22mm and a small assortmant of allen wrenches. My record is just over 2h for removal and install of both strut assemblies after forgeting the bump stops the first time.

enough with the dogs already.
http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/dave_macisaac/Oskar/oskar_hat3.jpg

there are lots of write-ups on the subject
http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/dave_macisaac/Bimmer/Steering-Suspension/F.jpg

Have fun

mikey535im
05-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Dave,that dogs a 'ham' , you might have problems taking a pic without. I don't mind at all.
Mike

Dave M
05-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Mmmmm, did somebody say ham? He'll probably sneak into a pic from time to time.

DueyT
05-20-2004, 08:56 PM
Dave, your beastie is looking much better after the run in with the bro-in-law! :D He doesn't fly for Big Red, does he? Is there a particular airline to avoid? :p

Cheers,
Duey

Dave M
05-21-2004, 09:42 AM
and flies both the heralded Beaver and the Norseman for a smallish outfitter in Armstrong ON (@200km N of Thunder Bay). He got his instrument rating a couple of years ago and flew Navajos (tried to spell it correct) for a while, but still prefers the bush flying. He's taken me up after some comp. simulation training for some time in a sesna. Gotta say, its quite a thrill when you add that extra 'plane' to your repertoire of movement, at least for a first timer.

Parking in front of him from now on....

Later,

DAve M

Dave, your beastie is looking much better after the run in with the bro-in-law! :D He doesn't fly for Big Red, does he? Is there a particular airline to avoid? :p

Cheers,
Duey

DueyT
05-21-2004, 01:44 PM
and flies both the heralded Beaver and the Norseman for a smallish outfitter in Armstrong ON (@200km N of Thunder Bay). He got his instrument rating a couple of years ago and flew Navajos (tried to spell it correct) for a while, but still prefers the bush flying. He's taken me up after some comp. simulation training for some time in a sesna. Gotta say, its quite a thrill when you add that extra 'plane' to your repertoire of movement, at least for a first timer.

Parking in front of him from now on....

Later,

DAve M
Ahhh, Armstrong....also "just" East of Pickle Lake. Dropped through years ago on the way to Churchill, Rankine Inlet then Alert. I passed through during black fly/no-see-um season, so I didn't really try to soak in the ambiance. On the plus side, at least he gets to get into some Beaver every day! :D

Cheers,
Duey