PDA

View Full Version : BMW Diesels back in the US!

nirvana19
01-22-2008, 09:50 PM
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Uniquely/FutureTechnologies/EfficientDynamics/AdvancedDiesel.aspx

335d and X5 xDrive35d (kind of annoying model name I think, same with the X6 models though). BluePerformance, I guess it'll be like Bluetec and therefore sold in 50 states!

Barney Paull-Edwards
01-23-2008, 01:52 AM
Confusing titles they use?! If you guuys are going to get the 535d then even winfreds` Tonka toy will shudder at the torque! Apart from a gearbox that will not play, and service costs to frighten Bill Gates after 120k, its the perfect car to out-drag an M5, then chip it and go hunting.There are several reports of chipped 330d/335d`s breaking windscreens on gear changes,ho-hum!

BMWCCA1
01-23-2008, 01:55 AM
One difference between the BMW BluePerformance and M-B's Bluetec might be this:
The 2008 E320 BLUETEC does not meet the emissions requirements of California, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, or Vermont and is not available in these states.

nirvana19
01-23-2008, 02:54 PM
One difference between the BMW BluePerformance and M-B's Bluetec might be this:

I though the point of BlueTec (vs. just CDI) was to lower emissions (for California and the likes), but I DO now recall that the requirements were either toughened or there was some problem (maybe why BlueTec isn't being expanded to other models quickly, just a guess). So BMW did it better? The only E60 I would consider buying is a 535d if that comes to the US (probably not til next generation though). I had one for a bit over the summer and loved it.