PDA

View Full Version : OT: global markets taking a $hit kicking ....

RockJock
01-22-2008, 12:20 AM
has the credit meltdown begun?

Zeuk in Oz
01-22-2008, 01:18 AM
US financial imperialism at its worst !

The US sneezes and the rest of the world gets pneumonia !

E34-520iSE
01-22-2008, 06:18 AM
yep, were showing symptoms here in the UK right now.

whiskychaser
01-22-2008, 06:53 AM
What was the cause again? Somebody in the US giving losts of people mortgages then finding out they couldnt pay them? Northern Rock? - thats only £2K per head of the UK population. :(

Ross
01-22-2008, 09:06 AM
US financial imperialism at its worst !

The US sneezes and the rest of the world gets pneumonia !
Don't start on the U.S. Zuek. It's because of depessed E34 prices in the U.K.

repenttokyo
01-22-2008, 09:32 AM
The credit meltdown began a long time ago.

Barney Paull-Edwards
01-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Ah, knew that was the cause, depressed E34 prices in UK causing meltdown in US due to jealous owners! And to think we were told here that it was bent surveyors over-valueing West Texas Trailer Trash and selling the packages to greedy vultures/stockbrokers???????!!!!!!!!!

RockJock
01-22-2008, 10:21 AM
dow futures down ~550.......it's all good cuz' i've got my shorts on ;)

RockJock
01-22-2008, 10:22 AM
The credit meltdown began a long time ago.

yes, indeed ..... but to the sheeple it hasn't, it's just the beginning :(

bsell
01-22-2008, 11:27 AM
yes, indeed ..... but to the sheeple it hasn't, it's just the beginning :(

Funny how not a week ago, the major news media outlets had the US economy as 'slowing' and were a little worried about inflation. Everyone was afraid to use the 'R-word' as it had'nt started yet. Then the presidential primary candidates start talking about the economy and magically were are knee-deep in a recession!

What actually happened to the financial state of the nation in seven days time? Not too much other than a bunch of talking. I mean, who hasn't heard about the idiot bankers and their greed causing these headaches? Ain't nothing like playing 'Monopoly' with the homes folks live in...

Trying to be on-topic for a car forum; this whole push for alcohol in gasoline has already doubled the cost of corn and grains which means anything made with these staples rises in cost.

The above would be a good plan for Dr. Evil, i.e., let's make it so the average Joe can't afford to house and feed his family by making the staples of life too expensive to afford. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Brian

whiskychaser
01-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Don't start on the U.S. Zuek. It's because of depessed E34 prices in the U.K.
E34 prices in the UK are low cos most of them are crap. But you are half right. If we hadnt been such a liberal, patronising country, we would have held onto all our colonies. We only stopped celebrating Empire day in the early 60's. How come it got in such a mess so quick?:)

Mitch90535im
01-22-2008, 12:33 PM
E34 prices in the UK are low cos most of them are crap. But you are half right. If we hadnt been such a liberal, patronising country, we would have held onto all our colonies. We only stopped celebrating Empire day in the early 60's. How come it got in such a mess so quick?:)

Reaganonics

CharlesAFerg
01-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Don't even start, otherwise I'll bring up "English" tea. ;)

whiskychaser
01-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Don't even start, otherwise I'll bring up "English" tea. ;)
Good point though! We made a bundle out of that too before we became all liberal. :)

CharlesAFerg
01-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Good point though! We made a bundle out of that too before we became all liberal. :)

hehe, I love history. :D

whiskychaser
01-22-2008, 07:48 PM
hehe, I love history. :D
Required reading for the historian :
1. 1066 and all that (cant remember who wrote it)
2. Adolph Hitler - my part in his downfall (Spike Milligan)
If you havent read them already and are not a historian, read them anyway for a good laugh. Which is just what you need if you start worrying about credit meltdown:)

632 Regal
01-22-2008, 09:13 PM
+1, today was a good day. Up in the AM down in the PM, either way suits me fine.
dow futures down ~550.......it's all good cuz' i've got my shorts on ;)