PDA

View Full Version : :: e39 Wheels

Qube
01-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Which one?
Keep the 17" Privat Kraftwerk or go with inexpensive 17" M5 reps?

Excuse the poor chopping. Not my car, not my pic.

I'm thinking M5 reps as winters and Privat as summer.

gmannino
01-19-2008, 10:52 PM
M5's. I own Kraftwerkz too and I think they look better on e34's not e39's.

Qube
01-19-2008, 10:55 PM
I just realized two things...

1. the Kraftwerks are too small for the e39... if they were 18 or 19, it would mimick the Hamanns and be nice.

2. the M5 reps are 'only' 225/50/17. I'd rather have 235/45/17 (as the Kraftwerk are).

What do you think?

nizmainiac
01-19-2008, 10:59 PM
as much as i love the kraftworks, the e 39's do look better, surely there's some thing out there that looks better than those

Brandon J
01-19-2008, 11:51 PM
One other thing about original or replia M5 wheels is the trouble with the paint. There are 2 color variations on the original M5 wheels and they were painted in more than one stage, I believe 2 stages. So to repair or replicate is difficult. That also goes for the replicas. The replicas actually use a single stage, but it can be difficult to match if there are chips. I like to get all the wheels and paint all with paint I can easily buy. There are paints such as Wurth or wheel paints at the local auto store. Make sure to spray a few layers of clear to protect it. If you paint it yourself before the tires are on, you can easily match the paint to make repairs. If you are expecting to use the wheels in the winter, then this pre-spray might be a good idea. Good luck with your decision on wheels.

Oh, the e39 does not like the heavier wheels as much. The alignment, the balljoints, and the bushings can all wear out faster. So, I waited and found a good set of M-parallels for cheap. Go for good wheels and you will end up liking what you purchased and saving money with limiting wear on the suspension components.

filip00
01-20-2008, 08:50 AM
neither of those. why not go with OEM wheels like styling 49 or styling 32 ?