PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Low Beam Out (Not bulb or LKM)

ILoveMPower
01-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey all, recently my passenger low beam decided to stop working. My LKM has recently been re-soldered, and I just replaced both low beam bulbs. I had been running HIR bulbs modified to fit but just replaced them with standard 9006.

Still not working, I see no obvious wiring issues, anything I am missing?

Thanks,
- Jeremy

nirvana19
01-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Double check the fuse, easy to miss. Else its the LKM, mine worked for a while after re-soldering then I lost one low beam. Replaced with another and then replaced the fuse and it worked (old one started blowing the fuse for some reason and that side didn't work at all, trashed it).

whiskychaser
01-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Hey all, recently my passenger low beam decided to stop working. My LKM has recently been re-soldered, and I just replaced both low beam bulbs. I had been running HIR bulbs modified to fit but just replaced them with standard 9006.

Still not working, I see no obvious wiring issues, anything I am missing?

Thanks,
- Jeremy
Even new bulbs can be duff. Try swapping the suspect one for the good one on the other side. Or using a DMM see if you have continuity across the bulb. While you have the meter out, check you have 12v and earth at the bulb. If no 12v, check fuse - a blown bulb can take the fuse out when it goes. After that trace back to relay.

Paul in NZ
01-13-2008, 07:43 PM
there is(are) more than one fuse for the lights too

shogun
01-14-2008, 10:22 AM
And the are 2 out contacts from the relay for low beams. Maybe one does not work inside the LKM.