PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Car Door

Gayle
01-11-2008, 11:44 PM
I had these, I would have never sold my e30 convertible.

http://www.disappearing-car-door.com/

Paul in NZ
01-12-2008, 12:42 AM
hey...where ya been!

MBXB
01-12-2008, 01:36 AM
Hi Gayle!

Gayle
01-12-2008, 03:31 AM
hey...where ya been!

Hi Paul This is the time for your time zone, huh?

Been working insane hours and what little time I have off I have been doing a gut remodel. These days, I drive the F150. Only taken the e34 out about 6 times in the last year.

And Ramon, hi to you too.

uscharalph
01-12-2008, 03:34 AM
That is pretty cool. Yeah it's nice hearing from you again Gayle.

M20Turbo
01-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Gayle, pretty cool! Welcome back, your whereabouts has been a topic or two....

mattyb
01-12-2008, 10:14 AM
maaaaaaaaaate! on behalf on everyone in OZ nice to hear from you.

repenttokyo
01-12-2008, 11:03 AM
been posted a few times, I used to have a Mark VIII, great cars.

Gayle
01-12-2008, 11:56 AM
That is pretty cool. Yeah it's nice hearing from you again Gayle.

Hey Ralph. I'm in the hood now. Moved to LA. Parking here is brutal. That is what made my husband so excited about the idea of disappearing doors. He actually wants to buy another e34 and get disappearing doors [rolls eyes].

And Repenttokyo--thanks for telling me I am out of touch. It is true. I am out of touch. I can remember laughing at people who enthusiastically posted something that had already been posted multiple time. What goes around comes around. LOL

repenttokyo
01-12-2008, 12:32 PM
hehe, I didn't mean to say you are out of touch! what's funny is that first the prototype car developed for Lincoln was posted on ebay, then the person who bought it formed this new company to reproduce the technology. kind of a weird, spur of the moment sequence of events.

Gayle
01-12-2008, 01:19 PM
hehe, I didn't mean to say you are out of touch! what's funny is that first the prototype car developed for Lincoln was posted on ebay, then the person who bought it formed this new company to reproduce the technology. kind of a weird, spur of the moment sequence of events.

If I didn't think it would cost a gazillion dollars, I would want it. I am seriously thinking about getting a mini cooper just to reduce the parking frustations. While it is not the main reason I am not driving the e34 much, but it is a significant reason, is I don't want my doors dinged in this parking hell of LA. While I don't like it if people bang the truck with their doors, I don't wig out and go into a funk over a door ding on the truck. But it is hard to get in and out of small spaces in the truck. An e30 convertible with the doors would be sweet.

repenttokyo
01-12-2008, 01:24 PM
sort of like the Z1.

Gayle
01-12-2008, 01:55 PM
maaaaaaaaaate! on behalf on everyone in OZ nice to hear from you.

Hey Mattyb--So what is fukem5 up to these days? Give him my best next time you see him and tell him my offer to give him a personal tour of Cali still stands.

CharlesAFerg
01-12-2008, 02:07 PM
I remember hearing the mechanism work on that ebay prototype and it sounded like they threw a bunch of plastic pieces inside the mechanism because it would crunch and make all sorts of horrendous noises when it went down.

Does anyone else remember this?

repenttokyo
01-12-2008, 02:08 PM
I remember hearing the mechanism work on that ebay prototype and it sounded like they threw a bunch of plastic pieces inside the mechanism because it would crunch and make all sorts of horrendous noises when it went down.

Does anyone else remember this?

well, it was a non-production prototype, so yeah, probably. sounded fine to me though.